advertisement

Nutters: racist banner on Ben Nevis

The thread will go sour, as usual, only creating more hatred. That's why I said earlier, burn the banner and forget it.

It could be a useful site cleansing tool. pfm supports #BLM. It is an inclusive anti-fascist site. Those who do not support that can either go away under their own volition or will be permanently removed as soon as I detect them attempting to spout their vile politics on my website. I removed one permanently yesterday, I have removed several in the past, and I really don’t care how many join them. There are more than enough decent, tolerant and intelligent people knocking around to keep the site interesting and growing.

This is surely about inequality of wealth, resources and opportunity. Many people of all races have been ignored and trampled on by their ‘leaders’ in so called civilized societies. As soon as one group is singled out, for whatever reason, it becomes divisive.

Please help me out with this one ,

Can anyone explain why it is acceptable and accepted that it is OK to have BLM posters , Then when someone puts a banner up reminding people that WLM as well it is then automatically seen as racist , Equality ? or does that not matter

I really don't get it :(

Probably because WLM is a troll distraction to a question that has not arisen. Nobody has ever said, or even suggested that white lives don't matter. BLM is a way to express that over a range of subjects and situations, black lives are treated or dealt with differently, often in ways that simply would not arise if they were white.

It isn't a difficult concept to understand unless, a) people cynically chooses to make it one, or b) they are quite happy that such a situation should remain the case.

Perhaps you would be happier with "Black lives should matter as much as white lives, all lives should matter as much as each other" but it's not very catchy and BLM has always said that to anyone who is listening.

Chances are that some of them are already on welfare, and you pay for them :confused:

Equally the chances are that they are employers as opposed to employees or those that are on benefits, just because someone has a job, money, education or employs people doesn't mean their not a racist .
You should never judge someone by the shine on their shoes.

#BLM

Exactly. Make a huge buzz on the web about it, and you'll turn the Ben Nevis into an alt-right sanctuary for the next 1000 years.

They won't go up there in winter. Bloody snowflakes! I'm amazed the fash found a dozen people capable of the walk, even in summer.

Probably because WLM is a troll distraction to a question that has not arisen. Nobody has ever said, or even suggested that white lives don't matter. BLM is a way to express that over a range of subjects and situations, black lives are treated or dealt with differently, often in ways that simply would not arise if they were white.

It isn't a difficult concept to understand unless, a) people cynically chooses to make it one, or b) they are quite happy that such a situation should remain the case.

Perhaps you would be happier with "Black lives should matter as much as white lives, all lives should matter as much as each other" but it's not very catchy and BLM has always said that to anyone who is listening.
Think of it as ‘Black lives matter [too]’ and it’s perhaps a bit easier to grasp for those who struggle to keep up (like my parents).

Please help me out with this one ,

Can anyone explain why it is acceptable and accepted that it is OK to have BLM posters , Then when someone puts a banner up reminding people that WLM as well it is then automatically seen as racist , Equality ? or does that not matter

I really don't get it :(

It's really very simple. For generations black people have been treated by whites as if their lives don't matter. Recent high profile cases of police brutality have galvanised the movement.

I'm with them 100%.

Nothing much to tell. I had a similar conversation about why ‘all lives matter’ was an essentially racist riposte to BLM and once I explained what BLM was getting at, the penny dropped.

I'm saying this because from what I gather here, you're not the first fishie who gets in trouble with his parents due to different opinions.

I say, if you disagree with your govt about some policies, do what you think is right in order to change things for the better. They were elected for that.

Now, create trouble with your elderly parents who have had their life - which was very different from yours - and who have their own reasons to be how they are, many of which you don't know about ? Not sure about that.

Now, create trouble with your elderly parents who have led their life and who have their own reasons to be how they are, many of which you don't know about ? Not sure about that.

I learned quite early on to avoid contentious issues (politics, religion) when discussing things with my parents. Not so much my father, who was the same sort of wishy-washy fence-sitter as myself, but my mother combined strong left-wing views with fierce anti-feminism.

Now, create trouble with your elderly parents who have led their life and have their reasons to be how they are, many of which you don't know ? Not sure about that.

I have argued politically against my parents all my life. I have always stood very firmly against right-wing politics and the mindset that goes with it. Age is no issue, I still call my 87 year old father out whenever he says anything stupid!

PS FWIW my parents were on the ‘moderate’ end of Conservative party, e.g. he was anti-Brexit, though he still reads the daily drip drip of bigoted poison from the Telegraph and can’t see just how far the UK Conservative Party has moved to an ugly Bannon/Tea Party/Trumpian right under Johnson or how far away from credible news reporting that paper has moved over the half-century or more he has bought it.

I'm saying this because from what I gather here, you're not the first fishie who gets in trouble with his parents due to different opinions.

I say, if you disagree with your govt about some policies, do what you think is right in order to change things for the better. They were elected for that.

Now, create trouble with your elderly parents who have had their life - which was very different from yours - and who have their own reasons to be how they are, many of which you don't know about ? Not sure about that.
Lots of assumptions in that, which I really haven’t the time or inclination to address. Plus, much of it is nobody else’s business. But you carry on without me, Cheese. Assume any lack of reply is apathy on my part, rather than agreement.

advertisement

Back