advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS Thankfully I have a really ugly outside ‘toilet shed’ thing in the back yard or I’d be holding it in for days…

Good to see you’re really entering into the spirit of this thread

latest

Annoyingly I could buy a few for what this is costing!

Current state of play:

51352260227_dbb979dfc0_b.jpg

The floorboards, complete with any remaining woodworm, get ripped out tomorrow.

PS Thankfully I have a really ugly outside ‘toilet shed’ thing in the back yard or I’d be holding it in for days…

Looks like a strip-wash for you. Flannel those pits, quick rummage downstairs, splash some water on your face - jobs a good ‘un.
Wee on the garden if you have one, always feels liberating.
The Wife doesn’t mind, and actively encourages a garden tiddle. :)

hmmm I need an extraction. Broken tooth is quite loose, pondering just pulling it out myself

DIY dentistry is really not a good idea. As I understand it there is NHS cover for emergency work even if your own dentist can’t fit you in, and I’d have thought a loose broken tooth was well within that definition.

NHS cover for emergency work even if your own dentist can’t fit you in, and I’d have thought a loose broken tooth was well within that definition.

not unless I am in agony apparently. And I'm not, no pain at all.

What I’m doing right now is hoping the clear half of the sky will win and I can continue to have another bonus alfresco night. Dinner is about to be served.

51352414797_0c8e42d0b7_z.jpg

DIY dentistry is really not a good idea. As I understand it there is NHS cover for emergency work even if your own dentist can’t fit you in, and I’d have thought a loose broken tooth was well within that definition.

That of course assumes you have a dentist- not so easy if you've moved around

That of course assumes you have a dentist- not so easy if you've moved around

Yes, it took me a few years after moving here before I found one taking NHS patients on. I imagine it is hell at the moment if you aren’t already registered.

Today I had an appointment at the US embassy, and renewed my work visa. It's been quite a few years since I've had to attend in person, but the queues seemed just as long as I remember.

Today I have been:

a) paying a clean fortune for the second year running to have paperwork sorted for a job overseas....This time China!

b) waiting to see if I die as I decided to pack in some medication the GP gave me a year ago for a combination of slightly elevated BP (it was 130/85ish) and the odd late night bout of pulse skipping a beat.

Earlier on I found an unexpected visitor hiding amongst the Pink Fir Apples when I watered them.

51353474508_5dd5b881f1_z.jpg

On the orange ring I could make out the word ‘please’ and a Bradford dialling code, so it seemed likely that was where he was headed. ‘If he’s in trouble he will let you pick him up’ said a pigeon-fanciers’ website. I tried, he wasn’t impressed and flew uncertainly over to the greenhouse. I followed, he decided he had had enough of this interfering old git and flew off. I hope he found somewhere else to have a rest before the 120 mile journey still in front of him.

Last edited:
Finished trimming the front hedge, contemplating cutting it right back, it’s so wide I have to do the top from both sides and it’s a stretch both ways. First need someone who knows hedges to tell me if the leaves will grow back again though. Three varieties of plant involved, no idea what any of them are!

Earlier on I found an unexpected visitor hiding amongst the Pink Fir Apples when I watered them.

51353474508_5dd5b881f1_z.jpg

On the orange ring I could make out the word ‘please’ and a Bradford dialling code, so it seemed likely that was where he was headed. ‘If he’s in trouble he will let you pick him up’ said a pigeon-fancier’s website. I tried, he wasn’t impressed and flew uncertainly over to the greenhouse. I followed, he decided he had had enough of this interfering old git and flew off. I hope he found somewhere else to have a rest before the 120 mile journey still in front of him.
When I was a kid there was a racing pigeon that regularly stopped by. We used to give it a bit of birdseed and some water, it would potter about for a while, then it would carry on.

Virtually sleepless night prior to second and decisive viewing on flat for sale; the first had been when tenanted. 0800 over to do last minute things. Back to book appointment with solicitor and receive 'all good' call from agent regarding the buyers, followed by a bit of garden maintenance. 1330 starts two hours of tennis (lovely conditions). Fuel car on the way back, cup o'Rosy and nod off. Dinner with large glass of Gavi; nod off; try to watch TV, nod off.

Too much nodding off so tried a bit of sodding off upstairs to posit this and collapse in a cream-crackered heap upon my pit. Nessun Dorma my arse ! "Tomorrow is another day", said dear old Vera and days become shorter the more you have, it seems.

Finished trimming the front hedge, contemplating cutting it right back, it’s so wide I have to do the top from both sides and it’s a stretch both ways. First need someone who knows hedges to tell me if the leaves will grow back again though. Three varieties of plant involved, no idea what any of them are!
If you cut back until there is still some green, no more, then it will fill out again.

... putting a second coat of varnish on the trio of storage boxes I've had to buy cos of all the electronic crap accumulated during LD1/2/3 :D

- followed by a very pleasant lunch with the better half at a local venue and a spritely walk through some fields for afters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back