advertisement

Maggie! Maggie! Maggie!

Dead, dead, dead! Still cheers me up.

My late uncle, a rather eccentric retired Vicar, used to call her ‘The Blessed Margret’ because he thought it wound me up – it just made me smile. The problem is the UK is still beset with the same mind-set that put her in power and things haven’t got better, they seem to be much worse.

Back to the speakers: I have always wondered about Maggie’s since I first saw some in the 80’s. I hope they sound brilliant.

I have a pair of SMGa up in the loft. Bought them off LesW donkeys years ago and put them straight into storage so I’ve never even had the pleasure of listening to them :eek: I’ll bet they’ve delaminated by now so that’ll be another retirement project :(

Had a nice hour with a pair of 3.6's once. Very present and alive but need gobs of power to do them justice. Enjoy.

Had a nice hour with a pair of 3.6's once. Very present and alive but need gobs of power to do them justice. Enjoy.

Mmm 3.5 Ohms flat and apparently the 86dBw rating is rather optimistic. More like 82dBw.
Amp can do 175w into 4 Ohms and it's a small room so should work.
I'll soon find out - tonight - music or smoke!

I guess this is when speaker cables start to matter rather more.

Dead, dead, dead! Still cheers me up.

excuse the off topic, we have a framed copy of Private Eye from 2013 when she died - the front cover stating

“Maggie! Maggie! Maggie! souvenir issue Out! Out! Out! now.

It is on the landing, we go past it every day.
The only person that The Wife wanted dead.

We had champagne the day she kicked the bucket.

Back to the plot >
I would like to hear those speakers, I don’t think I have ever heard any.

Please put a photo up when they are set up, I would like to convince The Wife that speakers are interesting.

Maggie would have been kicked out of the current Tory party for being too moderate.

Did she dance?

theresa-may-dancing.gif

excuse the off topic, we have a framed copy of Private Eye from 2013 when she died - the front cover stating

“Maggie! Maggie! Maggie! souvenir issue Out! Out! Out! now.

It is on the landing, we go past it every day.
The only person that The Wife wanted dead.

We had champagne the day she kicked the bucket.

Back to the plot >
I would like to hear those speakers, I don’t think I have ever heard any.

Please put a photo up when they are set up, I would like to convince The Wife that speakers are interesting.

Champagne was my first thought on that glorious day but alas I was a bit skint.... so I went out and celebrated with a few real ales:)

Mmm 3.5 Ohms flat and apparently the 86dBw rating is rather optimistic. More like 82dBw.
Amp can do 175w into 4 Ohms and it's a small room so should work.
I'll soon find out - tonight - music or smoke!

I guess this is when speaker cables start to matter rather more.

And heatsinks!

advertisement

Back