advertisement

Naim Olive Kit no serial numbers

say it as it is

pfm Member
Ok I know this has been covered before but olive naim kit with no serial number were usually employee builds yes? few bits appeared on fleabay with no serial numbers but looked like the plastic or whatever they used to put the details on the back has been cut away where serial number should be and you can see the crackled paint finish below is this normal?

The back labels usually have a cut out where the serial numbers go so the serial sticker can be applied directly to the tray rather than to the label. On an employee build the serial number sticker will just be missing.

I wouldn't buy anything as an employee build just because it has no serial number. You should check that there is no serial number inside the equipment. For anything with a transformer it's inside the case under the transformer, and you have to unbolt the transformer to reveal it. For anything else its just scratched into the inside of the tray.

Employee builds should have a name or a post code instead of the serial number.

hard to check on ebay stuff with all the crap that goes on just thinking would someone peel off the stickers for any reason but seems several pieces of kit have no serial numbers

On stolen equipment they certainly might!

The legitimacy of some Naim kit with no serial numbers is an unfortunate loophole which Naim have now closed for later kit.

yes when you ads of 'house clearance' it sets alarm bells ringing and as you say very hard to check when limited pictures on ebay, but must heck my kit for serial numbers on the boards

advertisement

Back