advertisement

The Olympics 2020/1 Japan.

Just watched all the BMX Park.

Nice to see my old mate Jamie Bestwick behind Charlotte Worthington and Declan Brooks. Legend.

That Backflip 360° from Charlotte was gnarls, the Frontflip was nice as well - Gold - deserved it.
Declan did well I thought to get the Bronze, Logan Martin was Gold easy, the Bike-Flip was insane.

Really pleased that Daniel Dhers got the Silver, at 36 yrs. old. Maaan he was pleasing to watch.
Good for Venezuela

Other stuff we saw that impressed was Jasmine Joyce in the Rugby 7’s. I cannot abide Rugby, but the little Welsh woman was outstanding. Super fast and brave. GBR 4th I think.

Saw Reekie, Bell and Hodgkinson qualify for the 800m. ace.

We don’t like Boxing particularly, but found the reaction of French man Mourad Aliev most amusing in the Super Heavyweight 91kg+ against Frazer Clarke :)
Never seen a boxer hit the camera because they lost… he really spat his dummy out. Quality.

Amazing WR by Rojas! Her step phase was "rubbish"...she can go 50cm further.
Yep, think that could be a new training idea for triple jumpers, put in a short step and the 3rd phase might be epic !. Noticed it fooled the commentator as well... Oh No.... Oh Yesssss !. Nice to see Andrade ( Brazil ) win gold at the gymnastics, after 3 knee ops. Wonderful few hours of sport today... me thinks.

And it widens interest in the games. Not exactly fencing and dressage. But golf? May as well put darts in.

Never mind darts, if they have Olympic Golf they might as well have Olympic Dog's Mess Picking Up. A walk around a local park picking up you-know-what. About the same level of excitement as golf.

More than that I imagine, was her step phase just over 2.5 metres?
Quite possibly.
The phase distances I saw were an enormous hop of 5.86m, step 3.82m and jump 5.99m for 15.67m:
https://forum.athleticsweekly.com/forum/current-events/34981-tokyo-olympics-day-3-sunday-1-august
That is a massive hop phase...Jonathan Edwards did 6.05/5.22/7.05 for his WR! It actually unbalanced the step/she thought she'd step into the pit!
Checking online her World Indoors jump from 2018 was 14.63m with 5.22/4.14/5.34.

Those lady weightlifters aren't doing it for fun. :eek: Scary sport. Health and Safety must be having kittens.

Whitlock was born in the same hospital as my daughter only a few minutes apart. As I tell her, we must have picked up the wrong baby.

He’s fantastic, let’s his sportsmanship do the talking.
Never mind darts, if they have Olympic Golf they might as well have Olympic Dog's Mess Picking Up. A walk around a local park picking up you-know-what. About the same level of excitement as golf.
How about Olympic crazy golf with merd dodging?

It’s amazing Japan has pulled this off in the face of domestic public opposition. It’s exactly what the world needs right now.

I see Germany women pipped the Brazilians in the beach volleyball. Bit of a surprise.

Thought Charlotte Worthington was superb..so close on that second Backflip 360°..nearly clipped the back wheel again, but what a ride.
Then watched the men's final...just breathtaking.

Catastrophic carbon fibre handlebar failure for Australia in the team pursuit track event, bars just broke off in the riders hands, no impact or anything (until he inevitably hit the ground). Scary stuff. I’ll never fully trust carbon parts, the forks and bars on my road bike make me nervous!

Catastrophic carbon fibre handlebar failure for Australia in the team pursuit track event, bars just broke off in the riders hands, no impact or anything (until he inevitably hit the ground). Scary stuff. I’ll never fully trust carbon parts, the forks and bars on my road bike make me nervous!
Hoy or Boardman made the very good point that with collision crashes there is a split second warning but with this there was nothing and the Rider face-planted the track. Amazed he got back on for the re-run but not surprised they came out 5th as a result. Danes look unbeatable.

229930607_2903269163267168_3387798437455239229_n.jpg

There was a suggestion on Twitter that each event should be tried or demonstrated by a member of the public before starting to give an indication of just how hard this stuff is...
Tbf 90% of the public (myself included) would be just as bad and a lot less funny...I was in tears laughing during the gymnastic segment.

advertisement

Back