advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

In other news, I finally returned to Airdrie 'Eau Rouge' this afternoon on my way out to visit Mr Pig to see and hear his new LP12 in the flesh, as it were, and I've uploaded footage of the drive onto YouTube (video below). I'm a responsible driver so I wouldn't exceed the speed limit even if my car had the ability to take the corner any faster... but it's an excellent corner at 40mph as it is. Here's my YouTube description:

A short video of the run down into and through Airdrie 'Eau Rouge' on the A73 Carlisle Road to the immediate north of Chapelhall village, North Lanarkshire, Scotland; travelling north towards Airdrie.

The speed limit is 40mph and in good conditions, it's perfectly possible to drive through the corner at 40mph - although it goes without saying, one should always anticipate the unexpected and drive appropriately slower in less favourable conditions. Moreover, one should never exceed the speed limit in enjoying this section of road!

Even though it's not exactly like the real Eau Rouge corner at Circuit de Spa-Francorhamps, and my 60bhp VW Polo is a million miles away from being a Formula 1 car, it's a very enjoyable section of road all the same. That said, if F1 ever came to Scotland I'd love to see how fast an F1 car could drive through the corner in qualy mode: 60, 80 100mph? Oh, one can only dream :)

Airdrie Eau Rouge coordinates: 55°51'06.9"N 3°57'22.1"W

Remember the Drive To Survive episode where GRO and MAG came together and after the race we hear Steiner giving them the mother of all bollockings? I'd like to think this summons is a ruse for the FIA to gather all parties involved and tell them to shut the fµck up and wind their necks in.

I was just watching the Verstappen/Stroll collision in Portugal last year. And then listening to Verstappen’s foul-mouthed slagging off of Stroll and Horner’s awkward explanation of why it wasn’t Verstappen’s fault. I hope everyone at the hearing has it fresh in their minds tomorrow.

I’m almost wanting to buy a ticket for next year’s British GP, grandstand opposite the pits, just so I can boo RB all weekend!
But that’s just not me.

I’m hoping the tv pundits won’t be analysing the last race events again, it’s done, leave it now.
Let’s race - elbows out..

advertisement

Back