advertisement

Ricoh GRIII replacement batteries.

Ian M

pfm Member
I know there are several GRIII users on here. Can anyone recommend any 3rd party batteries and charger for this please. I’ll get some proper Ricoh ones if necessary but would like to save a few pounds if they can match or come close to performance of originals which I understand are not brilliant. Not got camera yet, it’s on its way. Thanks

I have a couple of spare batteries for my GRIII - one is an Olympus original, the other a Hähnel HL90/92B and can't really detect much if any real difference in number of shots from each one. The Hähnel was 25 quid from LCE Lincoln.

For charging, I use a Hähnal Unipal Plus which is a great bit of kit, and can be configured to charge pretty much any camera battery. It doesn't appear to be the toughest-built item, but mine's had a lot of use for several years now and been brilliant. About 30 quid from Wex I think.

I bought a spare Ricoh battery when I bought the GRIII new, I'll be honest, I've never got to the point of having to change it mid-day so far. I used the GRIII on a recent 5-day hike on the South West Coast Path, and using it throughout each day it never got down to 1-bar of battery level. I just charged it up every night.

I bought a spare Ricoh battery when I bought the GRIII new, I'll be honest, I've never got to the point of having to change it mid-day so far. I used the GRIII on a recent 5-day hike on the South West Coast Path, and using it throughout each day it never got down to 1-bar of battery level. I just charged it up every night.

Good to know. There seems to be a shortage of Hahnel batteries at the moment.

advertisement

Back