advertisement

The Olympics 2020/1 Japan.

Who told you that.

Mister Ed?

He's PFM's very own Dr Dolittle!

The dancing horses are on BBC2 now.

It is grotesque that this s***e is considered worthy to be allowed on the same stage as the world's great athletes. Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.

Bit of a shame to see the negativity towards the dressage. Those horses clearly love what they're doing - and yes, they should get the medals! But if you think that these fine specimens are doing anything against their will, then think again. They wouldn't do it if they didn't want to!

I think the horses dig it.

She’s not, very sad. It’s such a shame to see a wonderful career possibly end like that.
I don't agree at all; I think Simone Biles calling time-out for her own wellbeing first (for which the details do not matter) in the face of such monstrous expectation - is one of the bravest choices possible/ seen in many a year.

To my mind - just adds to what an amazing athlete, and woman, and lamplighter for what competition at the very highest levels should be. I've the greatest admiration for her skill, ability and achievements; the consummate all-round modern gymnast.

But I'm sure we will see much more from this amazing person yet - in the arenas of her choosing. I'll look forward to that.

I don't agree at all; I think Simone Biles calling time-out for her own wellbeing first (for which the details do not matter) in the face of such monstrous expectation - is one of the bravest choices possible/ seen in many a year.

To my mind - just adds to what an amazing athlete, and woman, and lamplighter for what competition at the very highest levels should be. I've the greatest admiration for her skill, ability and achievements; the consummate all-round modern gymnast.

But I'm sure we will see much more from this amazing person yet - in the arenas of her choosing. I'll look forward to that.

I’m sure we will, and please bear in mind I wrote that almost as we were watching, not with the benefit of several days hindsight. She has handled it with utmost dignity, and so have her team.

The euro sport player is superb for olympics, you can pick any sport at any time with just one click. So far enjoyed beach volleyball, table tennis, tennis, weightlifting and surfing etc. The surfing was brilliant as luck have it the waves were huge and the Brazillian guy took gold even after snapping his board in half on his first run ( surf ). The funniest moment was our rowing team trying to drive straight into the Italian crew with an epic peice of disastrous steering. Reminded me of a Dave Allen comedy sketch back in the day !. lol. Enjoy.

The euro sport player is superb for olympics, you can pick any sport at any time with just one click. So far enjoyed beach volleyball, table tennis, tennis, weightlifting and surfing etc. The surfing was brilliant as luck have it the waves were huge and the Brazillian guy took gold even after snapping his board in half on his first run ( surf ). The funniest moment was our rowing team trying to drive straight into the Italian crew with an epic peice of disastrous steering. Reminded me of a Dave Allen comedy sketch back in the day !. lol. Enjoy.

I saw the Brazilian bloke snap his board, gnarly.

Well done Kye Whyte and Bethany Shiever in the BMX, semi finals next. Dominant performances.

Surprised there were no big crashes. Gonna get frisky I reckon. Elbows an all that.

Top two 10k Ugandans sacrifice a runner to pacemaking, but don't follow him and then get out-kicked in a "slow" race. Doh.

Last edited:
I watched the men's track and field competition yesterday. The performances were very good, which is not surprising. The best athletes are sent to the Olympics.

Just finished watching all the BMX racing.
We hope Connor Fields is not too smashed up after a nasty crash in the Semi’s. Ouch. There were a few slams.

Kye was excellent, it was a close thing. Silver at 21 yrs. old, much of the field was older than him. (all)
Bethany walked it through the Semi’s, again nasty falls. She has a great attitude as they both do.
The final was closer! Gold for Bethany at 22 yrs. old. The Wife was whooping like a banshee. Cool beans.

It was good to hear Shanaze Reid on the commentary, saw her race in China (I think) and she was storming.

Saw a bit of the discus and high-jump heats, and mixed relay, which was really interesting/controversial re: baton handovers.

Saw a bit of the discus and high-jump heats, and mixed relay, which was really interesting/controversial re: baton handovers.
Clearly stood in completely the wrong place for the handover! And in both heats! I guess there are some VERY inexperienced 4x400 runners in the Mixed but the officials really should have sorted that out in good time. Wouldn't happen at Longford Park!

advertisement

Back