advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theresa May campaigned for remain. Among other things she warned of damage to the economy, risks to security and the breaking up of the UK if the vote was to leave. That’s why, “Theresa May is often described here (not least by Colin) as a remainer,.

3) ... It could well be she respected the outcome of a referendum even though it did not go the way she wanted.

You won’t understand that though so you have your ‘book’. I guess Nick and others will think I’m enabling the tories by being honest. LMAO.

Was bojo a remainer too? I mean he was the mayor of London for 2 terms.
He only switched sides, once he saw this as a ticket to becoming a PM. Shows once again, that he lacks credibility and integrity. Well, all politicians are liars to some extent, but some more than others.

Theresa May is often described here (not least by Colin) as a remainer, but her red lines essentially scuppered all but the harder end of the Brexit options. There seem to be two possibilities argued for that:
1) she was trying to point out the folly of the hard Brexiteer stance but ended up painting herself into a corner; and
2) she was trying to appease the ERG wing of the party.

But given how authoritarian and tone deaf she was as Home Secretary, I’m not convinced by either of these. I wonder if she wasn’t trying to have it both ways, but was blind to the subtleties and implications of her red lines. Either way, she was no remainer in my book.
And little of her now remains. She was midwife to a far right nationalist party from which so many of her peers, past senior ministers and others, were expelled by her successor. A party willing to illegally shut down parliament and make further threats of law-breaking.

Was bojo a remainer too? I mean he was the mayor of London for 2 terms.
He only switched sides, once he saw this as a ticket to becoming a PM. Shows once again, that he lacks credibility and integrity. Well, all politicians are liars to some extent, but some more than others.
I don’t know and I agree with your post.

That referendum was biased through misinformation. Everyone acknowledges it now. Admit it.

The way I see it, Brexit makes British people more divided than ever before and only brings trouble across Europe. No more easy commerce is the result between us because of the new outrageous taxes that Brexit imposed on each of us.

How bad the situation is! Come back and join the euro zone!
Get rid of the clowns that lead your government too in the process.
That would make good for everyone.
Can I assume this is a reply to me without quoting me? If so, I have nothing to admit. I’ve never said either side campaigned on the truth.

Hugh, only you remind us of the UKIP and Brexit parties, often with pictures. There were over 17 million people voted to bin off the EU and all votes were welcome.
What I’m reminding you of was the UKIP material you choose to post on here. Sorry if it’s embarrassing. You sounded like a walking UKIP leaflet from the off and it’s nice to see the source material flashed as confirmation.

What I’m reminding you of was the UKIP material you choose to post on here. Sorry if it’s embarrassing. You sounded like a walking UKIP leaflet from the off and it’s nice to see the source material flashed as confirmation.
Time to remind you that you support a nationalist party and did so well before 2016.

No matter how you deflect your Ukip postings, you are still the main source of Ukip info and pictures of Ukip. Move on Hugh they are history.

Over compensating can be a problem.
The SNP is a single issue, nationalist party pretty much. Not much different to ukip when you cut through the chaff.

No matter how you deflect your Ukip postings, you are still the main source of Ukip info and pictures of Ukip. Move on Hugh they are history.
This is like the old schoolyard riposte of ‘no, you’re xxx’ (whatever the xxx accusation was). In other words, somebody accuses you, and all you can come back with is ‘no, that’s you, that is’. Dec’s accessing and posting UKIP chaff is quite obviously by way of a sort of fact-checking service - establishing the provenance of your latest fly-tipped drivel. I’m glad somebody is prepared to get soiled in order to do it.

I think we've established that ET is OK with lies as long as they produce the results he desires. Would you buy untested wine from someone with such flexible standards as ET?

He doesn't do himself any favours for sure (like Blair's fanboy) but maybe there's a method to his madness.

UKIP are/were a racist party. The Tories have turned into UKIP and have absorbed them. The SNP are a Scottish party. They aren’t racist.

UKIP are/were a racist party. The Tories have turned into UKIP and have absorbed them. The SNP are a Scottish party. They aren’t racist.
I’m often bemused that people don’t see the distinction between racist-nationalist (BNP;UKIP, etc) and nationalist-nationalist (SNP). The word ‘nationalist’ is not a synonym for ‘racist’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back