advertisement

GB News Channel

…after our regular 6:00pm ‘Pointing And Laughing At Drowning Refugees’ segment with Nigel Farage Arlene Foster will be presenting ‘Gay Weddings? NO! NEVER!’…

Don't read any of the comments on their youtube videos, soon becomes obvious why we're in the mess we are when you read some of that shit.

She’s showing her true colours.

“Mrs Foster said it would be an “opportunity” to bring Northern Ireland into the mainstream of UK politics”.

Wonder how long it’ll take to get Ruth Davidson signed up? The repository of failed, divisive , right wing politicians.

There’s that convicted sex-offender ex-Tory MP knocking around too. At 8:00 tonight ‘The Letching Hour’, followed at 9:00 with ‘Judge Tampering’ hosted by one of our five weekly guest host Tory MPs. Tomorrow: our new ‘Your Money, My Pocket’ gameshow hosted by Matt Hancock.

She’s showing her true colours.

“Mrs Foster said it would be an “opportunity” to bring Northern Ireland into the mainstream of UK politics”.

Wonder how long it’ll take to get Ruth Davidson signed up? The repository of failed, divisive , right wing politicians.
Surely Baroness Davidson of Lundin Links will be too busy in the House of Lords.

Arlene Foster had credibility? When?
It's a wee bit like Douglas Adams's description of the universe - when we think we understand it, it will promptly disappear and be replaced by something even stranger (with the footnote that some believe that this has already happened). Foster had no credibility, until she disappeared and was replaced with something even less credible, and we then realised that she was credible in comparison with Poots. She may believe that the Earth was created in 6 days the day before yesterday, but at least she kept it to herself. Moreover, she was softer (relative term I realise) on stuff such as LGBT rights than were most of the rest of the knuckle-draggers of the DUP, and this contributed to her downfall.

I struggle with how she and Nigel Farage can make any sensible contributions to the issue of Northern Ireland, especially when the mainstream of UK politics seems keen to ignore it.

I struggle with how she and Nigel Farage can make any sensible contributions to the issue of Northern Ireland, especially when the mainstream of UK politics seems keen to ignore it.

They are being paid for many things, none of it has anything to do with making sense. GB News is clearly seeking far-right dog-whistlers and is finding them. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if Katie Hopkins or Yaxley Lennon didn’t arrive in time. The only question is just how far-right, nationalistic, xenophobic and anti-LGBT can the station get away with within Ofcom rules. I suspect it will push things right up to the line, wherever that may lie.

They are being paid for many things, none of it has anything to do with making sense. GB News is clearly seeking far-right dog-whistlers and is finding them. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if Katie Hopkins or Yaxley Lennon didn’t arrive in time. The only question is just how far-right, nationalistic, xenophobic and anti-LGBT can the station get away with within Ofcom rules. I suspect it will push things right up to the line, wherever that may lie.
What Johnson and the Tories have been doing is dismantling oversight. After the public attention span lapsed on News International criminality, Hancock quietly strangled the Leveson reforms. Where they haven’t introduced legislation they’ve simply threatened- BBC license funding, C4 sell off, for example.

GB News and other Fox style operations will ride on this and Johnson in turn will feed off them, posing as the more moderate form of right wing politics. It’s no longer a political contest with Labour but with the far right.

I tuned in to listen to GB News and was treated to a hate filled rant against Prince Harry by someone called Alex Phillips. It was not news, or information, it was 10 minutes* of bile delivered with the smug smile of the playground smart arse protected by the school bully. Phillips smirked all through her tirade, so obviously pleased with herself.

It was so poisonous that I felt quite sick to think that anyone would get off on listening to this sort of politically inspired hatred.

*available on YouTube but didn’t want to link here for fear of cross contamination

I’ve deliberately not watched any of it as I don’t want to give it any clicks etc. It is obvious what it is, the presenters are what they were previously known to be, the only amusing thing was witnessing (without watching, obviously) Andrew Neil’s decline from ex-Sunday Times editor and BBC journalist into the Alex Jones/InfoWars/David Icke-grade far-right conspiracy bullshit marketplace. An almost Morrissey-grade career trajectory.

I tuned in to listen to GB News and was treated to a hate filled rant against Prince Harry by someone called Alex Phillips. It was not news, or information, it was 10 minutes* of bile delivered with the smug smile of the playground smart arse protected by the school bully. Phillips smirked all through her tirade, so obviously pleased with herself.

It was so poisonous that I felt quite sick to think that anyone would get off on listening to this sort of politically inspired hatred.

*available on YouTube but didn’t want to link here for fear of cross contamination

I've no intention of watching GB nEws* or their YT channel but I suspect that they're keeping the really repugnant views on YouTube away from Ofcom's claws and their broadcast license. Does anyone know if any of that stuff went to air?

*Actual typo, but I kind of like it. Eww indeed.

Might a "GB Newts" channel be more popular and provide more info content, I wonder? For the sake of balance it could also cover some other swimming creatures. I'll avoid contrasting levels of cold-blooded, and slippery, though. :)

They could even have a "War on Woking" for failing to provide enough ponds.

Reactions: PsB
I've no intention of watching GB nEws* or their YT channel but I suspect that they're keeping the really repugnant views on YouTube away from Ofcom's claws and their broadcast license. Does anyone know if any of that stuff went to air?

*Actual typo, but I kind of like it. Eww indeed.
If you’re referring to my post then yes, I saw it live on GB Nudes. I still wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat*.

*Health warning: do not watch the YouTube recording

advertisement

Back