advertisement

Wall mounted bookshelf sized speakers - £1K

I had LS50 Metas and they need space if they are not to boom. You can plug the ports at the expense of sound quality.

I now have ProAc Tablette 10 Signatures which, in my opinion, are much better than the LS50….

As others have noted, DALI do a range of speakers tuned to work OK with wall mounting. These are my Opticon 1 in the office:
889d4aa93467aa023a37445cb2d9c680c4ba584d.jpeg

Audiosmile kensai, tiny speakers that sound clean, fast, and musical. Used mine with quad 909s to great effect. Real giant slayers made in Kent. Near your budget new, rare you see s\h.

Audiosmile kensai, tiny speakers that sound clean, fast, and musical. Used mine with quad 909s to great effect. Real giant slayers made in Kent. Near your budget new, rare you see s\h.
ill second that. Audiosmile Kensai, a brilliant little speaker. Only just slightly bettered by the Spendor D1 but it was a close call. Both are rare on the second hand market.

ill second that. Audiosmile Kensai, a brilliant little speaker. Only just slightly bettered by the Spendor D1 but it was a close call. Both are rare on the second hand market.
Ergo IX If you like a bit of woodwork then these are fantastic and around £700 to build. They use some of the best mid drivers in the business IMHO .

Most of my speaker history is with floor standers, but for my eventual office system I need some bookshelf sized speakers that can be wall mounted (no option to put them on floor stands for reasons I can go into if needs be).

The remainder of the system is likely to be a Linn Ikemi CD player and Teddy Pardo pre/power.

Budget is £1K-ish and happy to go pre-owned rather than new.

I have a set of Naim n-Sats in my surround system and might try those, if they work well then I already have a spare set of the dedicated brackets for wall mounting so would just need to find another set of n-Sats, but I suspect £1K may get me something better from Neat or the likes. Trouble is I know little about bookshelf speakers as the last set I had were some Mk2 Kans over 20 years ago now (yeah yeah I know some will say the fact I had and liked those shows I know nothing about speakers full stop :D)

Anyway any recommendations appreciated.
Get a pair of Genelec active monitors with GLM room correction. These will self adjust to sound Great Wall mounted after you run the software and measure the system in your room.

advertisement

Back