advertisement

Ebay managed payments

Yep, very expensive, I recently sold a pair of speakers on ebay, I got what I wanted and the buyer was very happy but the buggers charged £288 for the sale, I think their fees have become extortionate. I've chosen to vote with my feet, I'll buy an item through ebay but I will not be selling anything more with them.
Or wait until they do their monthly "80% to 90% off variable selling fees" offer?

Or wait until they do their monthly "80% to 90% off variable selling fees" offer?

, I don't get monthly offers anymore, in fact it's a long time since I've had any offers from ebay , the offers seemed to stop shortly after lock down began, more than a year ago now.
Quite frankly they can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

, I don't get monthly offers anymore, in fact it's a long time since I've had any offers from ebay , the offers seemed to stop shortly after lock down began, more than a year ago now.
Quite frankly they can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

The offer system was to get people loving eBay again before they introduced Managed Payments..now most are on MP the offers have dwindled down to very rare for most customers..

Reactions: RoA
eBay are a terrible organisation to deal with. I will never, ever again resort to selling something via eBay. I don't think I've ever had a worse experience, anywhere.

Just had an email from eBay this morning. £2 max listing fees for the next 10 days (subject to various t's & c's of course)

Better cancel and re-list my speakers after activating the offer. Passing some savings on.

Weird, having just talked about this and not having received any listing offers for months ...

I hate the new system and although I am sure I accepted one offer I got stung for 12.8 % on a load
of sales.

I also liked hanging onto funds in my Paypal account, it used to accumulate nicely
rather than bits and bobs being shoved into my current account.

I can't see me selling on Ebay again, I refused to give them my bank details as I was fine with Paypal.
If I was to want to sell I would open a separate bank account just for Ebay.
I had an experience before where my paypal account was frozen for weeks and the scammy buyer was refunded, theirs no way ebay are having access to withdraw funds from my Bank account.
I tried to buy a tape head from a guy in Denmark last week and the seller made me an offer on the price so I accepted, Ebay shoved 20% VAT on the price at check out so I didn't proceed, the seller was not VAT registered and tried a couple of times to sell me the item but each time ebay added 20%VAT, there is no way to even talk to ebay about a problem like this ?

Alan

I fully agree ebay has become a joke and time the huge fees are paid you end up better selling for less elsewhere sad as it used to be half decent gumtree now part of ebay is going the same way sadly

I can't see me selling on Ebay again, I refused to give them my bank details as I was fine with Paypal.
If I was to want to sell I would open a separate bank account just for Ebay.
I had an experience before where my paypal account was frozen for weeks and the scammy buyer was refunded, theirs no way ebay are having access to withdraw funds from my Bank account.
I tried to buy a tape head from a guy in Denmark last week and the seller made me an offer on the price so I accepted, Ebay shoved 20% VAT on the price at check out so I didn't proceed, the seller was not VAT registered and tried a couple of times to sell me the item but each time ebay added 20%VAT, there is no way to even talk to ebay about a problem like this ?

Alan

Why refuse to give them your bank details?

Why refuse to give them your bank details?
Because I just don't trust them to have my bank details, they then have direct access to my bank to withdraw, if ebay gets hacked then then they have you bank details and possible a back door to your account ?, I have a 2 stage verification to get to it myself.
At least when paying with paypal I had to do a 2 stage log in for each purchase.
A couple of years ago ebay informed me that that I should change my password as they had been hacked.

Alan

Because I just don't trust them to have my bank details, they then have direct access to my bank to withdraw, if ebay gets hacked then then they have you bank details and possible a back door to your account ?, I have a 2 stage verification to get to it myself.
At least when paying with paypal I had to do a 2 stage log in for each purchase.
A couple of years ago ebay informed me that that I should change my password as they had been hacked.

Alan

I think the risk of that happening is pretty
low tbh (I work in fraud) but guess it’s possible.

Better cancel and re-list my speakers after activating the offer. Passing some savings on.

Weird, having just talked about this and not having received any listing offers for months ...
Better watch, I did that and they charged me the full selling fees on the cancelled listing!

advertisement

Back