advertisement

New kitchen bits and bobs question

I like wood, and I like walnut. I got an offcut of bogwood thats was amazing but bordering on black and hard as metal so I chose not to go with that baring in mind I am fitting it!

As explained my kitchen is poxy, there is no considerations for islands!

Here is a mock up:

008i3skNgy1grp9nmribmj31hc0u0jxd.jpg

Though the back wall is now more green and its walnut tops now and the floor tiles are bigger.

As you can see no chance of an island lol.

I like the way it is outside in what looks like a business district of somewhere warm and sunny. That’s an interesting design aesthetic for sure!

I like wood, and I like walnut. I got an offcut of bogwood thats was amazing but bordering on black and hard as metal so I chose not to go with that baring in mind I am fitting it!

As explained my kitchen is poxy, there is no considerations for islands!

Here is a mock up:

008i3skNgy1grp9nmribmj31hc0u0jxd.jpg

Though the back wall is now more green and its walnut tops now and the floor tiles are bigger.

As you can see no chance of an island lol.
Is the bogwood oak? If so it often comes up really well. It can be black but is often very dark brown and beautiful. I've just whittled a few bits of it and it can be hard but machines pretty well.

Even if you don't use it in your kitchen, do make the most of it, it's probably the rarest native wood we have given that stocks haven't been renewed in the last few thousand years!

I am gong though a dark phase. I used to be all about brighst and trying to maximise light but thats not me right now.

I’ve fitted Blum hinges and soft close mechanisms for doors, but only to replace broken ones (of a different brand).

So I am getting towards worktop install I have some spare which I have ripped down to be a small back splash circa 8cm tall to go around the worktop where it meets the wall.

the wall is straight but not totally straight. I was thinking to glue and screw the backsplash from the worktop underside but I don’t think the wall is straight enough

equally I want to avoid having any kind of silicone between the splash and worktop I want a clean but waterproof finish

Any thoughts on this?

Thin baton screwed and sealed along the back, cut a rebate into the splash back and screw it to the baton - it can then be easily removed for cleaning and re-oiling?

We have bespoke wooden kitchen units and tops and that's how our edging's been done.

I only read the OP, but Osmo PolyX is the way to go for a durable/resistant, easy to apply finish. I’ve used it on loads of birch ply. Also doesn’t yellow as much as the danish oil I’ve used previous to the Osmo

advertisement

Back