advertisement

Rather disappointing..

What I want is for them to see that it is better to offer me a discount to put towards servicing. A substantial one. Once I've hit the return button, I don't want to be committed. mind you, they've had my money so how much worse can it be? I just want them to ask me not to return it. Never returned anything on Ebay before.

What I want is for them to see that it is better to offer me a discount to put towards servicing. A substantial one. Once I've hit the return button, I don't want to be committed. mind you, they've had my money so how much worse can it be? I just want them to ask me not to return it. Never returned anything on Ebay before.

You'll probably need to do a phone call for that if they are ignoring emails.

You can of course open a return case after that call if it isn't fruitful.

If you're like me and suffer from telephone anxiety, I can understand not wanting to call. I prefer to have everything in messages and text. Its easy for people to say 'its just a phone call', but that could be a terrifying prospect for some people.

I've avoided using chat boxes until recently, but having used them a few times, they seem to work in terms of resolving problems.

Compare and contrast trying to get through on the phone, being put on hold for many minutes with Vivaldi on constant repeat, then getting through to someone who says 'Hang on a minute', then cuts you off.

What has worked re resolving complaints: contacting vendor via chat box; leaving bad review on Trustpilot.

What hasn't worked: phoning up, visiting shop and asking to speak to the manager.

Ebay suggests that if there is a problem then you should seek to resolve it with the seller first.
You can/should contact the seller through eBay messaging as that way eBay have sight of the correspondence should they need to get involved in the case. It provides a written record of your attempt to reach an amicable solution.
That's where you can explain to the seller what has happened and, if you wish, ask for a partial refund.

My P170 was super neat on pictures I got from the seller and more importantly, in a single piece with all the original parts !
Well, if I can return it and get a full credit then it’s okay. If not, I may start to refrain from buying such things on line despite I never had any issues before.
Double box is the best !
Just got a full refund from EBay on my PayPal account so all good !
In all honesty, I always had an outstanding service from both of them for the last 10 years I have been a member, can’t complain.

Ebay suggests that if there is a problem then you should seek to resolve it with the seller first.

I would strongly advise against that. I tried that once and the seller stitched me up, witholding the refund and claiming they'd not received the returned goods when I subsequently tried to resolve through PayPal.

Return it, through Ebay's procedure, else, regardless of the seller's status to date, you'll have no comeback at all if it goes wrong and you could end up £2.5k and a high-end CD & DAC out of pocket.

I don't understand people who take money and send stuff out inadequately packed.

That said, my choice in packing materials tends to raise eyebrows - When I know I've got parcels to send (like now, for instance) I make sure that I've got an ample supply of rubble sacks (preferably not black, but more on that in a second). Besides the main structure of the packing (which a tight wrap will help with), it means that the package it means that there's a tough, waterproof one piece outer cover. This has only caused problems once, when I sent something off (not audio) to what I can only describe as a classic Karen.

The book had arrived, in perfect condition (a difficult to find book on cake decoration.), because I'd cut and stuck a custom carboard box with hot glue, used plenty of padding and given it a black (in this case) rubble sack overwrap. I'd given my telephone number in case of issues (I don't do that any more...) - and answered the phone to what I can only describe as a Tirade of Karen. Although this was a good 15 years back, before Karens started their merry dance across the Internet, so it must have been a rare proto-Karen. There was no problem with the book. There was no problem with the time it took to receive the book. The problem was that I'd sent the book in... sharp intake of breath... a bin bag. She wanted a full refund. She was going to kick, scream and complain to everyone because I'd sent the book in a binbag. I even had ebay ring me (well, one of their customer services). Even they sided with me, once I explained. Sod all chance of that happening these days...

I still use the rubble sacks. Best outer packing ever.

I would strongly advise against that. I tried that once and the seller stitched me up, witholding the refund and claiming they'd not received the returned goods when I subsequently tried to resolve through PayPal.

Return it, through Ebay's procedure, else, regardless of the seller's status to date, you'll have no comeback at all if it goes wrong and you could end up £2.5k and a high-end CD & DAC out of pocket.

I wasn't meaning deal with the seller direct, I meant via eBay using their dispute resolution as detailed here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/using-resolution-centre-buyer?id=4636

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
The first thing did was to email them via Ebay. They had responded before when I made an initial enquiry about the item. They have a lot of items for sale on Ebay and so I imagine that they are using the system frequently.

I have just opened a returns case. Not said much, other than it has arrived in non-working condition, no doubt due to the packaging. Photo supplied.

That's the correct thing to do in this case, hopefully you'll get an immediate response and a quick resolution.

Good to hear, if a return label was not automatically issued, they are able to contact you to discuss. They get around three days tk accept the return and either issue a returns label or issue an eBay one.

You’ll hear from them today I would imagine as their 2.5k is now back in evilBays hands.

How?

Edit - ah, perhaps this page is more relevant:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/returns-missing-items-refunds-buyers?id=4008

Sorry for any confusion!

Yup that's what he has been advised to do all along :)

The Resolution centre is generally opened for item not received cases.

eBays plethora of advice pages don't often sync together though which does add to confusion if you're not a heavu daily user, and their staff can be poorly trained.

I had one eBay CS rep telling me yesterday all about my payments with PayPal, I informed him I have been on eBay Managed Payments for over a year, he still didn't understand what Managed Payments was....no wonder so many people get screwed over by these call centre buttom pushers.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back