advertisement

Inspire Quest Force 10 Turntable with 12" Tonearm

Yeah, I can never quite figure out their stuff. They seem to have a vast range all based around existing decks and arms with no particular preference for one thing or the other. Which kind of works against them when trying to sell ex dem items like this. It's a bit of a punt at best.

I hope it sounds as wonderful as it looks. Most of my stuff is hidden in a cupboard because it hurts to look at it.

I must admit, part of the reason I posted this here is because I was interested in opinion, having just bought this on eBay (see below)

I haven't got it yet, but it is as you say a bit of a punt. I was drawn in by the look of the thing and some favourable reviews of their other decks in various magazines. Plus, Inspire are local to me so I can get support if I need it.

What do you think?

s-l1600.jpg

I have to admit I wouldn't really be up for buying a £1000+ Hi Fi product just because it looks quite good.

These days we all often buy used and on recommendation rather than new based on demonstration but even so I only consider used items which are very well reviewed and well received on forums.

This doesn't seem to be one of those so it is a total punt as you say.

Cartridges present a real problem since dems "on your actual deck" are virtually impossible to come by so I stick with lowish end MC's from reputable manufacturers and rebuilds.

My best ever "punt" was a Michell Orbe with Graham 2.2ish for £1600. I think I did well and it's still here several years later!

My worst was the Kontra b I bought to go on it having heard one on a Naim aro. Totally wrong combo but the Kontra b did suit my Rock/rb250 combo and I've had good use of it. I also picked up a second ex dem very cheaply and with no discernible wear.

Hope you got a bargain!

The actual eBay item is much more attractive than the pic above. The fussy SME messes it up.

advertisement

Back