advertisement

Naim amp output

JOHN VAN BAVEL

pfm Member
Have just bought a 2nd hand Naim XS2 amp . As well as the usual output to loudspeakers , I would like to simultaneously send an output to my computer to record what is playing . Which output and what sort of Din plug do I have to use ? And where can I buy it at a reasonable price ? Help .

Looking at the manual I’d have thought it was the AV in/out 5 pin DIN which looks like it may be a tape loop in all but name.

Edit: it is covered and it is what it appears:

The Nait XS 2 av and hdd inputs have associated outputs that enable the selected input signal to be routed externally; to an audio recording component for example.
Note: The av and hdd outputs remain active while their corresponding inputs are selected. Take care that a feedback loop is not inadvertently created by the simultaneous selection of input and output.

You need a 5 pin DIN to whatever plug your computer interface needs (likely 4x RCA or 1/4” jacks). Such a lead will be easy enough to find on eBay, e.g. this Gotham.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I have one of Flashback's "premier" series 5 pin DIN to 2 x RCA (tape out) which may be what you're looking for,I used it to connect a Naim pre to a headphone amp - it's a nicely made cable. Message me and I can send it to you, if it suits then you can PP me whatever you feel is sensible.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back