• No

Votes: 73 65.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 18 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
'Well you say you only watch documentaries
And that bad cold you've got, that's the flu'

HMHB Paradise Lost (You're The Reason Why).

interesting , maybe you had very bad flu then ?
Entirely possible, though I had been vaccinated against flu a couple of months previous to this . If it wasn’t for the extremely protracted recovery period I’d have assumed flu, without an antibody check it’s unlikely I’ll ever know.
I’ve not owned a car for 20 years, I walk or cycle everywhere. I’m noticing that since this happened I’m needing frequent rests whatever I do. Then again I’m 57 in December…..

Came down with it in March 20 - had 3 very unpleasant weeks, starting off with fever, severe headache and aching all over and followed by extreme fatigue, luckily don't appear to have any after affects. Confirmed by antibody test earlier this year. My wife came down with it after me and wasn't out of bed for 3 to 4 weeks, she's not been so lucky and hasn't been properly well since: rashes, brain fog, fatigue and "wooden" feeling in her legs. The Doctor referred her to a long Covid clinic about 6 weeks ago and she finally got a call last week offering her an appointment on the 4th August. She was told the clinic was extremely busy.
I knew two people at work who died - one the Head of Computer Science at the Uni and the other worked in the post room. One of our Nursing students also died.
A friend ended up in the Royal London for a few weeks last year and still feeling the after effects.

Sorry to hear that sq. Fingers crossed for you. Have you had a vaccine??

I was diagnosed with Covid19 from my very first voluntary ONS test on 1st Nov. I had noticed a loss of taste and smell 3 days earlier (thought I had just bought rubbish stilton!) and had felt very tired for a day or so after a hard working week. Two subsequent antibody tests over the following month showed no antibodies so I can only assume that my T cells got rid of it smartish on their own. I had a much more severe reaction to the first Astra-Zeneca vaccine after which did indeed acquire some antibodies.

John

advertisement

Back