48-C917-E9-7831-43-E4-B120-9-FCAA4-D4-FEDC.jpg
B69-B6-D3-D-372-B-474-B-835-E-BCACE2-F54872.jpg
DEF5640-A-18-EC-45-BC-A407-949-BE6512-E6-E.jpg
[/IMG]

Yes it’s an LP12 but not as you know it
More details please!

What do you want to know?

spec:
One of my solid-sounds prism plinths finished in dark cherry candy custom paintwork
Karousel bearing
Choice of three outer platters (dark cherry/black/silver)
Stack audio alto aluminium top plate
Stamford audio one piece aluminium sub chassis
Vinyl passion revolution psu
Black Audio origami pu7ti
Audio technica ART9xa cart

Ah, the Mober one-piece subchassis.

How's the vinyl passion PSU working out? Firt time I've seen anyone owning one of these.

The fit and finish of the sub chassis is excellent. I think it’s superb vfm compared to other solid auluminium sub chassis including the keel.

the vp revolution is so quiet I’m very happy with it. It replaced a Hercules mose and I certainly wouldn’t go back. Everything about it has a certain quality including the thickness of the PCB and the switch.

What do you want to know?

spec:
One of my solid-sounds prism plinths finished in dark cherry candy custom paintwork
Karousel bearing
Choice of three outer platters (dark cherry/black/silver)
Stack audio alto aluminium top plate
Stamford audio one piece aluminium sub chassis
Vinyl passion revolution psu
Black Audio origami pu7ti
Audio technica ART9xa cart
So.... have you had the opportunity to compare it to a pure Linn LP12 costing around the same? I hope I'm not being too silly when I ask if it still sounds like an LP12. It does look wicked.

Here's mine as it stands at the moment,
Rega P8 Ortifon 2mBlack
Ryan Sound Labs Phono Stage
Melco N10 and D100
Chord Hugo Mk1
Naim NAC72 WItchHat Superlink Mod (The 52/SC is in Salisbury having a it's 1st service)
SuperCap
135's
SBL Mk2's
AiAqpgP.jpg

lB5qntH.jpg

Df5zNyH.jpg
Here's mine as it stands at the moment,
Rega P8 Ortifon 2mBlack
Ryan Sound Labs Phono Stage
Melco N10 and D100
Chord Hugo Mk1
Naim NAC72 WItchHat Superlink Mod (The 52/SC is in Salisbury having a it's 1st service)
SuperCap
135's
SBL Mk2's
AiAqpgP.jpg

lB5qntH.jpg

Df5zNyH.jpg

Please can you let us know about yiur experience with the Melco?

Hi @andrews, I'm very happy it. Previous to this I was using a Mac mini with Jriver in to a Naim NDX but I was struggling with not having a screen and having to move a monitor around to make changes to the mini so I started looking for another (2nd hand) option. I looked at 2 options one being the Melco the other Innuos's systems. After reading many reviews the Melco seemed to tick all the boxes for me. I initially tried a new Melco N100 but I wasn't happy with the sound quality (it seemed a bit bright and light in my system) so I looked a little higher up the range hence the N10, as soon as I had ripped a couple of tracks across and settled down to some listening I was pretty much sold on it. It's so easy to use and with a USB DAC I was able to move on the NDX (I wasn't a big fan of the Naim App). I now use mconnect app on my phone and have all of my music selection to hand. It uses a programme to songkong for adding metadata to your music which although the user interface doesn't come across that well it is very easy to operate (even I can use it!) I'm not sure what else to say. I did have an initial setup problem and Melco were very helpful when I contacted them. Please message me if I can assist with any other question you have.
Cheers
Phil

Hi @andrews, I'm very happy it. Previous to this I was using a Mac mini with Jriver in to a Naim NDX but I was struggling with not having a screen and having to move a monitor around to make changes to the mini so I started looking for another (2nd hand) option. I looked at 2 options one being the Melco the other Innuos's systems. After reading many reviews the Melco seemed to tick all the boxes for me. I initially tried a new Melco N100 but I wasn't happy with the sound quality (it seemed a bit bright and light in my system) so I looked a little higher up the range hence the N10, as soon as I had ripped a couple of tracks across and settled down to some listening I was pretty much sold on it. It's so easy to use and with a USB DAC I was able to move on the NDX (I wasn't a big fan of the Naim App). I now use mconnect app on my phone and have all of my music selection to hand. It uses a programme to songkong for adding metadata to your music which although the user interface doesn't come across that well it is very easy to operate (even I can use it!) I'm not sure what else to say. I did have an initial setup problem and Melco were very helpful when I contacted them. Please message me if I can assist with any other question you have.
Cheers
Phil

Thanks - so you can't comment on the sound quality versus the Mac?

One end of the room, how it was...

System
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

And with a new stand (Thanks @ks.234 ), giving the SCM10s a run out for a while...

New to me stand, means I can finally unpack the S9000ES, the longest item I've owned at 9-years now, which is good for me!

And a throwback to 2014/15 when I had my previous pair of Tannoy Stirling HE and SCM10s, once again with the S9000ES and a different Bryston B60R.

Thanks - so you can't comment on the sound quality versus the Mac?
Sorry I missed your reply. The Melco was a significant step up in sound quality to the Mac, the Melco is a lot cleaner electronically which I assume assists with this. Most noticeable is the separation between instruments and how quiet the background can be between instruments. I hadn't really noticed quite how noisy the Mac was until I heard the Melco. If you're interested in one I think there a lots of demo units at they dealers.

I recently moved back to the east coast and to a larger apartment, and decided to build a second system since I've gotten a bit deeper into 78s and early LPs over the past year. It's been a total dream to hear them through a big coaxial speaker. I still have to build a rack and put the crossover in the cabinet, but here it is.
Altec 604C in an AbleWood 9cf cabinet.
Bogen DB130 + a modified Technics SL1200 that spins 78s now.

oDqkAHl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back