advertisement

MoFi Reissues

Vinny

pfm Member
I am unsure if this has been picked up elswhere on PFM, but just by way of a heads-up if not.

I haven't tried to keep up, but the (relatively) new owners of MoFi are reissuing numerous titles, CD and LP. Most appear to be in "limited" numbers, so if in any way potentially interested, have a wade through the website at least moderately frequently.

I give up on working out how much anything might cost by the time it might hit UK shores...

There was a time when MoFi's product could be obtained in the UK via Amazon resellers, but that stopped about 5 years ago. Now I buy from Elusive Disc in the US, but postage costs are brutal.

You've got to pile them high to get the value on postage and make a saving on UK prices. Unless you buy a big pile it's probably just worth buying from Vinyl Adventure/MCRU (David Brook) as his prices seem reasonable, in the grand scheme.

You've got to pile them high to get the value on postage and make a saving on UK prices. Unless you buy a big pile it's probably just worth buying from Vinyl Adventure/MCRU (David Brook) as his prices seem reasonable, in the grand scheme.

I finally got to look round the 'shop' earlier this week. I'd gone to pick up the MFSL Breakfast In America I'd ordered and the chap kindly let me in for a browse. Talk about kid in a sweet shop!!! They only sell 'audiophile' vinyl - abandoned the standard stuff due to ever-increasing customer returns. Racks and racks groaning with audiophile goodies, arranged by label. Tons of MFSL stock. Only had ten minutes, so will head back another time. Not sure if/when they're opening properly....

I finally got to look round the 'shop' earlier this week. I'd gone to pick up the MFSL Breakfast In America I'd ordered and the chap kindly let me in for a browse. Talk about kid in a sweet shop!!! They only sell 'audiophile' vinyl - abandoned the standard stuff due to ever-increasing customer returns. Racks and racks groaning with audiophile goodies, arranged by label. Tons of MFSL stock. Only had ten minutes, so will head back another time. Not sure if/when they're opening properly....

When I was kid there was some kind of competition on Corn Flakes boxes where the grand price was 'emptying a toy store in five minutes'. Must be that feeling :)

advertisement

Back