advertisement

Martin Logan SL3 Electrostatics

Personally I would make the assumption they will need new panels along the way so factor that in if you’re considering them. I did with my similar generation Aerius i and have spares here in the box after ordering through the UK distributor PMC, it took several weeks through lockdown. I’ll fit them at some point but I’m in no rush as I’m enjoying the RS10 at the moment.

Go for it , They are willing to demo before purchasing and say they are running well , and on your doorstep

Go for it , They are willing to demo before purchasing and say they are running well , and on your doorstep

I don’t want them for myself. I already have a main and 2nd system crammed into my little house, and I’ve no plans on changing anything now. I think they look like a good deal for someone though.
As you say, they are working so someone can just buy them and use them. Of course the panels may fail at some point, but at this price worth the risk.

Kevin

A bargain for someone. I was half tempted but the Stereophile review suggested placement was a lot more critical than some other designs and living in a flat I really need something that can run close to a wall.

A bargain for someone. I was half tempted but the Stereophile review suggested placement was a lot more critical than some other designs and living in a flat I really need something that can run close to a wall.

Probably Not
As was said earlier in the thread ESL panels may not be up to scratch and may need replacing in the near future especially as not been used for a long time.

I believe ML no longer support or provide any service for the SL3 so ESL panel replacement or refurbishement you would need to look elsewhere. Not aware of any 3rd party support in the UK for ML ESL's which is probably why they were so cheap "caveat emptor"

When the ownership of the company changed a few years ago the reduced length of support for legacy products and tripling the costs of ESL replacement panels went down like a lead balloon with owners and I dont think the situation has changed since then.
At least with something like Quads they still provide service for all their ESL's even the 70 year old ones!

advertisement

Back