advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

Hi, Jono, I think my upgraded RP3 ( check my sig) is approaching RP6 quality, and would prefer to go as far as I can afford.
Fair point, I was just slightly concerned by the cover for the P8 and it probably deserving a MC cartridge plus stage made the P6 a sufficient choice for me.

Week before last...Harmon Kardon PA2400 Signature.
Under the radar high-end performance on the cheap.
9be1d61a-024e-4bbc-b132-2bf7033a0646.jpg

A BK Double Gem subwoofer from their ebay store, in white:eek: so got a good discount and pair of Wilmslow audio kit speakers in need of refurbishment from the DIY classifieds a week ago.

Yesterday I downloaded the 1000th album since we entered our first lockdown here in France. 1000 in less than 16 months... now I know what happened to the holiday budget from that year without holidays :)
wow, that's some going, 60 albums per month or 2 per day, every day for a year and a quarter!

The last bit of gear I bought was a 1993 Exposure XV.
It’s been in the main system for almost a year now. Couldn’t be happier…

Naim CD5i, before that Naim Nait5i, before that active Linn Kabers, before that Meridian 507 CD player (this is all in the last three months for my second system), before that, a well specified LP12 for the main system.
How do you rate the CD5i, I’m looking for a suitable replacement for my Mimik in an all Linn system, have been wondering about CD5si, Rega Apollo or Saturn. Problem I have is everywhere I go I keep getting told “you want a Uniti Core”, life’s to short for ripping a cd collection, and you wouldn’t multi stack your vinyl on an old Dansette.
Last piece of kit was LP12 upgrades and Linn Selekt DSM.

Fair point, I was just slightly concerned by the cover for the P8 and it probably deserving a MC cartridge plus stage made the P6 a sufficient choice for me.
I have been wondering whether to just go to an Ania or Apheta, or an RP 8 which would solve most issues. My hearing isn't all that it might be.

A bargain price ex-display Bluesound Node 2i from Richers. It's great and gets a lot of use.

How do you rate the CD5i, I’m looking for a suitable replacement for my Mimik in an all Linn system, have been wondering about CD5si, Rega Apollo or Saturn. Problem I have is everywhere I go I keep getting told “you want a Uniti Core”, life’s to short for ripping a cd collection, and you wouldn’t multi stack your vinyl on an old Dansette.
Last piece of kit was LP12 upgrades and Linn Selekt DSM.
I really like it, although I’ve only listened to it in a Naim system. Where are you? You’d be welcome to hear the CD5i, a Linn Ikemi and a Meridian 507 for comparison.

I have been wondering whether to just go to an Ania or Apheta, or an RP 8 which would solve most issues. My hearing isn't all that it might be.
I did have similar thoughts about improving the cartridge on my RP3, which now is in my second system in dining room, but the external speed control for the P6 was the deciding factor. Good luck with your search.

advertisement

Back