advertisement

Isobarik Crossover covers????

Markie

pfm Member
I had an enquiry from a guy who is looking for some of the above. From his pic it looks like the crossovers are located under the stands.

Were the speakers supplied with any such covers, and if so does anyone have a pic?

Failing that any ideas?????

Thanks for the replys. I think I might try and make up a foam panel to fit. Can anyone measure the gap where the panel fits, and the size of the box section the stand is made from.

Any help appreciated.

Mine have the cloth covered mdf side panels & the crossover was screwed to (iirc) another bit of mdf that slid into the base of the stand. Never used the passive crossovers & sold them pretty much immediately to cover 50% of the overall purchase cost of the speakers, but I’m sure I’ve still got the bits of mdf they were screwed to that I can measure if it helps.
The side panels have mitred corners so they fit together nicely, but only one way round IIRC, because I’m sure I scratched my head for a bit when fitting them into the stands because they didn’t seem to fit, even though the mitres were all seemingly in the correct orientation. The front bit is always the front but the other 2 bits have to be on the correct side so it all has to be inserted in the right order if that makes any sense at all. The stand in-fill pieces look like they are just 3 sides of a cube & therefore 2 bits should be interchangeable but I’m sure this wasn’t the case.
I’m also thinking the panels are routered around their perimeter in such a way as to allow them to fit flush into the open bits of the frame. So they fill the open section but have a lip that fits against the metal box section. Again hope this make sense as it’s not easy to describe and a picture would paint a thousand words; however I’m not with the speakers and even if I was I can’t easily lift them off the stands to get photos of anything, even the open part at the rear of the stands is inaccessible as they’re backed up tight to the wall & mechanically coupled to it with some blocks of audiophile grade scrap timber.
And I think I remember something about the snug fitting’ness of the MDF inserts being beneficial towards aiding the rigidity of the stands, however but this could easily just be nonsense as the stands seem pretty rigid anyway and I would expect steel box section to be stronger and more rigid than MDF to start with.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back