advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Maddow clip below, but the point it makes is that what we learned yesterday exactly matches what the NYT printed about Ivanka a while back in terms of the way she was paid by the Trump Org. Which raises obvious possibilities for the former first daughter.

Smart money says she cuts a deal and gives evidence against Trump himself.

Hard to say. Anyone from Trumps family who gives evidence against Donald will incur the wrath of Trump supporters. This might mean a Pence-like fate (gallows erected, needing bodyguards) or it might mean the end of your business (since other crooked business owners will not trust you, and Trump supporters will shun you).

Hard to say. Anyone from Trumps family who gives evidence against Donald will incur the wrath of Trump supporters. This might mean a Pence-like fate (gallows erected, needing bodyguards) or it might mean the end of your business (since other crooked business owners will not trust you, and Trump supporters will shun you).

Which is way less worse than potential prison time of course. The children should definitely lawyer up and my question is more whether they will get offered a deal to get Trump or not. Don Jr. and Eric have already been on cable news incriminating themselves and are too dumb to know any better, but Ivanka is smart enough to know better and I think she would do a deal in a heartbeat if it was in her best interest.

Which is way less worse than potential prison time of course. The children should definitely lawyer up and my question is more whether they will get offered a deal to get Trump or not. Don Jr. and Eric have already been on cable news incriminating themselves and are too dumb to know any better, but Ivanka is smart enough to know better and I think she would do a deal in a heartbeat if it was in her best interest.

Ivanka is very much like her father so yes, I fully expect her to act solely in her own interest.

Of course the nightmare scenario is that they all take the fall for Donald based on a promise of a pardon, he is re-elected in 2024 and then pardons them all. A bit of a stretch, but unfortunately not entirely out of the question.

Also if he was going able pardon them he could already have given them a pocket pardon and not told anyone.

During Michael Cohen’s prosecution there were claims were there not in the media that Trump’s lifelong bookie Weisselberg had been granted immunity from prosecution? Either these were optimistic and unfounded or he’s been reminded of his oath of alliegiance.

During Michael Cohen’s prosecution there were claims were there not in the media that Trump’s lifelong bookie Weisselberg had been granted immunity from prosecution? Either these were optimistic and unfounded or he’s been reminded of his oath of alliegiance.

Yes he was granted immunity in return for grand jury testimony against Cohen. But a) that only protects him against crimes revealed in his testimony and b) was a federal case not a New York state case.

Yes he was granted immunity in return for grand jury testimony against Cohen. But a) that only protects him against crimes revealed in his testimony and b) was a federal case not a New York state case.
Thanks that’s interesting. Cohen and tax just made me think of Capone..

With friends like this...

Trump acknowledges the facts of the case against his company and Weisselberg.

"They go after good hard-working people for not paying taxes on a company car. Company car. You didn't pay tax on the car, or a company apartment, you used an apartment because you need an apartment, because you have to travel too far where your house is, didn't pay tax, or education for your grandchildren," Trump said. "I don't even know. Do you have to, does anybody know the answer to that stuff? OK? But they indict people for that."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/04/politics/trump-rally-sarasota-florida/index.html

advertisement

Back