advertisement

Hancock...You've been a Naughty Boy!

This is the aspect I don’t understand. I just don’t get why people are not furious about their tax money being siphoned/misappropriated/stolen. I guess for a lot of people on PAYE tax is an abstract concept, even more so those on benefits, pensions etc. For many of us it isn’t. I submitted my tax return a couple of weeks ago and I’m now in the process of paying a years worth. I’m livid about this whole Tory kleptocracy thing as I’m basically honest. I’m too dumb to be crooked. As an example I chose to pay back the 2nd SEISS grant as my business had recovered by the end of that period (I obviously didn’t take the 3rd or 4th).

I have always viewed taxation almost as a badge of honour. Taxation = civilisation etc. A sign you are doing ok. It is how you give back for a better society, how you support those in need, build transportation infrastructure, art galleries, museums etc. As such I submit a straight tax return. The knowledge that crooked thieving shit like Hancock, Jenrick, Johnson, Gove and the rest of their elitist and entirely parasitic party are till-dipping at my expense honestly makes me want to take a baseball bat to the nearest Conservative Club. They are just totally taking the piss and laughing in our faces as they do so. Literally £bns of money that we give in good faith misappropriated, stolen, even paid out for a shag.

The only thing I can legitimately do is to fund The Good Law Project, so that is my response. I strongly suggest everyone else who has had their tax thieved by this bunch of lying crooks does the same.

What does a minister need to do before he is summarily removed? Detonate a nuclear device in the centre of London?
I doubt that would work either, but **may** draw a little more attention to him.
Found guilty in court, found guilty by a spy, whats next?
On a different note - security will be stepped up in misisterial offices I would imagine - that's another job for the old boy network then.

The Tories hold the taxpayer in utter contempt. They’ve manipulated foreigners coming over here and costing the taxpayer a few pennies to good success, the question is, will the taxpayer object to £billions being stolen fund Tory family, friends and sex?

Unfortunately, I doubt it.

I don't know what to think about any of it, including the "corruption". I mean, it's a thin line between clientelism/corruption and being "the party of business" isn't it, and I think most people understand that it would be hard for government to find a business to outsource to that *wasn't* run by a friend or donor of a party bigwig: they keep things pretty tight, this lot.

Maybe I've reached peak fatalism. I'm just instinctively a bit wary of all this Good Law stuff. I don't want lawyers taking the place of political or popular opposition, and I'm finding their shock and outrage a bit forced. I can also see it feeding into a kind of patrician contempt for voters: Why don't voters care about this stuff!? I suspect it's because they understand that for the most part this is just the Conservatives doing what they do - and the rest can be put down to the circumstances.

I don't know what to think about any of it, including the "corruption". I mean, it's a thin line between clientelism/corruption and being "the party of business" isn't it, and I think most people understand that it would be hard for government to find a business to outsource to that *wasn't* run by a friend or donor of a party bigwig: they keep things pretty tight, this lot.

Maybe I've reached peak fatalism. I'm just instinctively a bit wary of all this Good Law stuff. I don't want lawyers taking the place of political or popular opposition, and I'm finding their shock and outrage a bit forced. I can also see it feeding into a kind of patrician contempt for voters: Why don't voters care about this stuff!? I suspect it's because they understand that for the most part this is just the Conservatives doing what they do - and the rest can be put down to the circumstances.

So the summary, do nothing. Sounds pretty much like "they're all the same except my team". In the absence of the public suddenly being able to understand how this all works, the GLP is either right to challenge this or not. Which is it?

Agreed, except that there is no political or popular opposition. The Good Law Project is all we’ve got at present. For that reason I’m happy to give to the GLP what I used to give to Labour

I wonder what we’ll find out (in due course) about Duncan Baker, MP. The ones that ramble on about their high standards and integrity always seem a bit more suspect than the average.
Exactly my thoughts- the greater the professed moral rectitude, the greater the depravity is a reasonable rule of thumb.

Agreed, except that there is no political or popular opposition. The Good Law Project is all we’ve got at present. For that reason I’m happy to give to the GLP what I used to give to Labour

There isn’t even a functional democratic system!

It is time to accept we live in a right-wing kleptocracy and since Brexit we have been severed from our wider freedoms, representation, human rights and civil liberties legislation. We have to use the few tools we have available, and as far as I’m concerned that’s GLP, #StopFundingHate (doing great work against GB News etc), #BLM, Extinction Rebellion, Led By Donkeys etc. I’ve never been a member of any political party as I’ve always understood the system was broken by design (growing up in a Tory safe seat knocks that point home), but I typically give far more to entities such as these than a typical party membership. I’ve always believed in the right to protest.

Did you read the good law project stuff? They rejected a contract from an established supplier in order to pay a higher price (some £60million) to a party supporter whose company had assets of £200 when the order was made.

advertisement

Back