advertisement

Dynavector Amps

A follow-up to my comment just above. At my age I really appreciate that, while hardly light weight, Dynavector, Naim, Rega, Sanders Magnatech, Sudgen, and others don’t routinely tip the scales at close 100lbs or more. I REALLY appreciate it!

Seems that a HX100 is just a pipe dream on both cost and actually being able to find one!!
My HX75 is delivering the goods at the moment though, playing some Iggy Pop, making me smile!

Seems that a HX100 is just a pipe dream on both cost and actually being able to find one!!
My HX75 is delivering the goods at the moment though, playing some Iggy Pop, making me smile!
I have had my name down with a HiFi dealer to have a pair of HX100 for 5 years now so have thrown in the towel. I started the quest in 2014 and found out from John Burns that they cost circa £5K each then! and no there were no written specifications either! Just stupid marketing comments.

Cheers,

DV

FWIW it’s worth I’m probably going to sell my DV HX1.2 soon as it looks like I’ve replaced it with a Krell, as per my thread in Classic. I’m going to wait a couple more weeks to just be certain that I’m not just initially impressed with the newbie. I’ll stick it in the classifieds here, if so.

I smiled at this. Glad mine is worth at least three grand but she’s not heavy compared to my McIntosh and the latest Parasound, Pass Labs, Boulder etc.!

Cheers
I can assure you that it’s heavy if you drop it on your foot . A Krell May do a better job of smashing your metatarsal but it’s all relative

By the way I have friends who drive Hawks with an early HX75 - can’t imagine a better sound ( short of Diapasons, anyway )
That’s good to know - looking forward to swapping out my EAR899 for the hx75 mk2 I’ve just bought. The EAR does a marvellous job but time to move it on

I have had all the Dynavector amps at one time or another. All them made a much better job of driving my Shahinian Obelisks than Exposure IVDR, XVI monos and the MCX mono blocks. I really liked the HX75 100W it was very musical and a total joy. The HX1.2 mk1 and mk2 built on the musicality but with more power which made the Obs sing even better. Now i have the L300 Mk2/HX100 combo driving Obeslisk Mk2's...simply superb. Dead mans hands come to mind...
Good luck with the search.

PK, if I may.. You're only using half of your pre amp. You need to try it with some top quality balanced output leads into a proper balanced power amp. Many seem to love the Benchmark AHB2. If you use the pre fully balanced then you should be able to cut the background noise in half from where you are now.

If you're really convinced by the Krell then I would look into a valve pre that uses an augmented follower design. The Concordants that I mentioned above or perhaps ask the Bish if he would like to move on the type 76 pre that I sold him.

Happy listening

PK, if I may.. You're only using half of your pre amp. You need to try it with some top quality balanced output leads into a proper balanced power amp. Many seem to love the Benchmark AHB2. If you use the pre fully balanced then you should be able to cut the background noise in half from where you are now.

If you're really convinced by the Krell then I would look into a valve pre that uses an augmented follower design. The Concordants that I mentioned above or perhaps ask the Bish if he would like to move on the type 76 pre that I sold him.

Happy listening
Thanks for the suggestion!

Is your TT your only source? If you have a proper balanced tone arm lead and seperate phonostage then you can keep your signal fully balanced right the way to the output stage of the power amp... using your DV L300 pre :)

Is your TT your only source? If you have a proper balanced tone arm lead and seperate phonostage then you can keep your signal fully balanced right the way to the output stage of the power amp... using your DV L300 pre :)
No, it isn’t, I use a Bluesound Node as well for streaming. The pre is up for question at some point if I can find the right Krell or Audio Research at the right money to complement the KSA. My plan to sell the Dynavector will be shelved until further notice as a friend has just contacted me wanting to try it in his system.

I tried an LS7 and an LS25 and TBH either of the mentioned Concordant amps were better. Maybe an SP8 is the one to go for.

advertisement

Back