advertisement

The Euro 2020 (football) thread.

The arrogance and superiority complexes that some England fans have is truly staggering. ‘Outclassed and given a lesson’.

I’d love to see how England would get on against that Italian side...

The arrogance and superiority complexes that some England fans have is truly staggering. ‘Outclassed and given a lesson’.

I’d love to see how England would get on against that Italian side...

Wales were completely outclassed by Italy.
England were inferior to Scotland.
The two statements are not mutually incompatible and it isn’t arrogant or evidence of a superiority complex to state the bleeding’ obvious.
I believe Italy would beat England easily.

England created as many chances as Scotland did in the game. Personally I thought it was pretty even, quite boring. The overreaction seems to be coming from Scotland & Wales fans.

I don’t expect any of the home nations to go much further & Wales have been lucky to escape the group.

What was really scary is that that was the second string Italian side, each player slotted in perfectly. If the centre of the Italian defence wasn't so aged, they would be hard to look past, but when the proper teams go at each other, it will be interesting how Italy square up, and cope at the back.

Wales were completely outclassed by Italy.
England were inferior to Scotland.
The two statements are not mutually incompatible and it isn’t arrogant or evidence of a superiority complex to state the bleeding’ obvious.
I believe Italy would beat England easily.

I believe Italy were the better side and controlled the game, but Wales held their own with ten men and dug in well to keep the score at 1-0. I think outclassed and given a lesson is a bit harsh but we all see games differently I guess.

Thanks for your honesty re how England would do against Italy and the fact you were inferior against Scotland.

I believe Wales are most likely to play either Russia, Denmark or Finland in the last 16. All very winnable games for me and I fancy Wales to get to the last 8.

England created as many chances as Scotland did in the game. Personally I thought it was pretty even, quite boring. The overreaction seems to be coming from Scotland & Wales fans.

I don’t expect any of the home nations to go much further & Wales have been lucky to escape the group.

Don’t know how you can finish second and be lucky! They comfortably got through in the end and even 3rd would have most likely been enough.

Wales likely to get a favourable draw which gives them a great chance of last 8.

There we part ways.

Russia, Denmark and Finland all beatable if you ask me. Could be a lot worse.

Meanwhile I believe England could play France, Germany or Portugal. Much tougher for them potentially.

We’ll agree to disagree though.

Really? They just camped in their own penalty area & were rather fortunate not to get a hammering.

Well I think the objective was met which was to get out of the group.

Wales are a very good team with a world class striker, they would give most teams a game, I wish Scotland were as good as Wales and England but for my money Wales are the best team of the home nations.

Well I think the objective was met which was to get out of the group.

Wales are a very good team with a world class striker, they would give most teams a game, I wish Scotland were as good as Wales and England but for my money Wales are the best team of the home nations.

Well said. With players such as Aaron Ramsey (Juventus), Daniel James (Man United) and Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), in their ranks, they posses some world class players.

I don’t believe England have many players as good, and in the case of Bale and Ramsey, as experienced as this in their squad.

Good job by Wales. Impressed by Ward so far. Assuming they don't meet Belgium next could easily go further than last 16.

Ward is a good keeper, we had him on loan, shame he can’t get games domestically. Who is the world class striker who plays for Wales?

Ramsey & Bale are very good players, probably a shade past their best.

Don’t know how you can finish second and be lucky! They comfortably got through in the end and even 3rd would have most likely been enough.

Wales likely to get a favourable draw which gives them a great chance of last 8.
They are 2nd on goal difference having been beaten by a much changed Italy. I think that is pretty lucky.

Ward is a good keeper, we had him on loan, shame he can’t get games domestically. Who is the world class striker who plays for Wales?

I was thinking that. Bale can operate as a forward I suppose.

Moore is a decent player but not world-class.

They are 2nd on goal difference having been beaten by a much changed Italy. I think that is pretty lucky.

Not quite Portugal drawing 3 and coming from a few goals down to get a result against Hungary in the last game in the previous Euros. We all know what happened from there.

Not quite Portugal drawing 3 and coming from a few goals down to get a result against Hungary in the last game in the previous Euros. We all know what happened from there.
It’s possible for more than one team to be lucky in recent history. England were pretty lucky last time round.

advertisement

Back