advertisement

The Euro 2020 (football) thread.

I think Southgate is a decent and intelligent guy but unnecessarily conservative. With what he has at his disposal he could let rip but instead chooses to play two defensive mids.

I agree, but his stance has got us 4 points against two teams that were very much banana skin territory.

Ultimately, I’d rather be in the position we’re in playing a conservative style, rather than looking good but with fewer points.

Wales getting a lesson here...

Getting a lesson? Like England against Scotland!

They dug in with 10 men for most of the second half to only lose 1-0 to a very good Italian side. Worse sides than Wales would have crumbled.

Wales can be proud finishing 2nd in their group and a small nation like ours reaching the last 16 of the Euros for the second time in a row is an amazing achievement.

Wales did well to get nil. 3 attempts and only 1 on target. Outclassed by a much superior Italian side who hardly had to get out of first gear. They have done well to finish second though.

Wales we’re excellent, you’d have put your life savings on bales scoring with that chance though.
???
51259038267_74402be628_c.jpg

Wales did well to get nil. 3 attempts and only 1 on target. Outclassed by a much superior Italian side who hardly had to get out of first gear. They have done well to finish second though.

Obviously playing to keep the score down in order to get through the group, a risky strategy though but it worked.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Italy winning it, they’ve some fantastic players this year and they’re on a long unbeaten run too.

England were terrible drawing against Scotland in a home nations derby but Wales were excellent in losing 1-0 to Italians while showing no real ambition. It’s funny how things are seen differently;)

Outclassed? lollol

How did England get on against Scotland? Outplayed at Wembley and would have been beaten if Scotland could finish!

Embarrasing.

Wales we’re excellent, you’d have put your life savings on bales scoring with that chance though.

A proper hair cut would’ve scored that goal.

Not that it would’ve made any difference in the end. We’ll done Wales, and we’ll played against an excellent team too

advertisement

Back