advertisement

Forced Covid vaccinations

Mrs ks is responsible for the running of a number of cares homes in our area and is working silly hours keeping on top Covid problems in addition to everything else.

So in answer to the question should workers in care home have to have the vaccine….. yes, of course they bleeding should.

Last edited:
Who is the real anti-vaxxer here? Downplaying how well the vaccines work.

I’ve had my first jab and I’ll have the second one when I’m invited. I’d encourage anyone else to do the same.

What this thread has shown is despite the condescending nature of many of those who support mandatory vaccinations, there are a number of people who share my view point and that translates to the country as a whole.

The Lib Dems as a party (of the left) oppose compulsory vaccinations and domestic vaccine passports. Does that make them anti-vax?

How in the name of all common sense is reporting the scientifically accepted rate of protection given by vaccines ‘downplaying how well the vaccines work’? What it does do is enable you to calculate the risks. Let me try to help.

Scenario one - little old lady in a care home is vaccinated and 90% protected. Care worker who is unvaccinated and infected gives her a bed bath. Risk of old lady getting COVID is 10%.

Scenario two. As above, but care worker is vaccinated, so risk of care worker, even if exposed to COVID being infected is 10%. Simple statistics gives the risk of old lady getting COVID is now 1%.

Multiply that by the many such interactions the old lady has every day and the case for care home staff being vaccinated is overwhelming.

I don’t have a relative in a care home but if I did I would be assured by the fact they would have been vaccinated.
You seem to be arguing that it is wrong to require care home staff to be vaccinated; but at the same time you assume that all care home residents will be vaccinated.

So is it somehow acceptable that a care home could refuse to admit somebody who isn’t vaccinated, but unacceptable that the same care home could refuse to employ somebody who is unvaccinated?

Your argument is ill thought through and inconsistent. And hc’s post just upthread shows just one reason why it’s so important for care home staff to also be vaccinated, and insufficient for it to be just residents.

Have you seen the rise in daily cases since the vaccine rolled out.

It's not really making much difference.

There are many more ways for the old folks to die in care homes and Covid is the least of their worries. Remember the deaths attributed to Covid in care homes is all about how it's recorded, you die of a stroke even if you have that stroke before catching Covid goes down as a Covid death, die of old age with a positive Covid test, it goes down as a Covid death, catch the Noro virus which is serious one for care homes and then test positive for covid, that too gets recorded as a Covid death, you see the pattern here?

What about visitors to care homes, family etc, repair men, delivery drivers, etc etc they've all been pissing it up at the local pub or been shopping at the weekend, but that's ok they don't actually work there so we won't force them to vaccinate.

Wait until autumn and then you'll see how effective the vaccine has been, just before the vaccine rolled out in our county we were down to under 50 cases, now it's over 1800 with a rise of over 600 from last week, the rise has pretty much coincided with the easing of restrictions.

Meanwhile, the pharmaceutical companies, PPE providers are raking in Billions and you lot want to sack someone who has a mortgage and kids to feed because they don't want to get, let's face it a vaccine that was created and released in under 9 months.

Going to be VERY interesting to say what long term side effects there are in a few years time, hopefully none, but it's hard to tell at this stage.

All those old people you keep wanting to protect, fought to have the freedom of choice, and now you want to take that away with forced vaccination, shame on you.

Muppet.

For starters, the current wave of infections is very heavily biased towards the young, and the unvaccinated. Secondly, the link between infections and hospitalisations (and, consequently, deaths) has been significantly disrupted. By the mass vaccination programme.

I’ve seen the light! Suddenly all my carefully considered reading of proven facts and understanding of statistics is but dust after reading that eloquent outpouring…..

I always wondered why they never offered vaccine to the younger generations first, those were the ones more likely to pass on the virus.

Yeah I know age made you more vulnerable but I wonder how it might have worked if they'd done it different ie: those of working age and the younger ones first?

I always wondered why they never offered vaccine to the younger generations first, those were the ones more likely to pass on the virus.

Yeah I know age made you more vulnerable but I wonder how it might have worked if they'd done it different ie: those of working age and the younger ones first?
Well, younger people were less likely to die of Covid, so protecting them first would make it more likely that a higher level of deaths would occur in the older cohorts, because transmission in the community isn’t significantly disrupted u my til a large proportion of the population is protected.

There's that word again FORCED, nobody should be forced to do anything :oops:

This isn't North Korea
The poster is in Malaysia. And anyway, I’m forced to pay my taxes and forced to do many other things under the law. The muppetry is strong in you today.

Well, younger people were less likely to die of Covid, so protecting them first would make it more likely that a higher level of deaths would occur in the older cohorts, because transmission in the community isn’t significantly disrupted u my til a large proportion of the population is protected.
Yeah I get that, but I wonder if it would have helped cut the spread of it in the first place

The poster is in Malaysia. And anyway, I’m forced to pay my taxes and forced to do many other things under the law. The muppetry is strong in you today.
Well it's not law...... Yet, and the way this Govt is working it won't be long as they seem to create new laws at the drop of a hat

I think this thread needs a Poll, vaccinated, unvaccinated, thinking about it, not getting, all done by age group

Be interesting don't you think?

No it wouldn’t.

FFS, the scientists have deemed that by age is the most expedient way of vaccinating a population. Other countries have used different criteria, look at their data.

And another thing, why am I not allowed to drive at any speed I like? These compulsory speed limits, especially in the city, infringe on my freedom to accidentally run over children.

Joe
This is the nub of the argument for me. If I work with vulnerable people and choose to remain at risk of being a carrier of a potentially fatal transmissible disease then I have no automatic right to do harm. Mask wearing is much the same thing- I wear one to protect others from me.

advertisement

Back