advertisement

The Euro 2020 (football) thread.

I like Southgate as England manager, because International football is so very different to club football. His team were one of the highest scoring qualifiers in the Euros, which made his tactical choices last night all the more confusing, especially switching to more offensive fullbacks, and then have them play so deep, i thought that they would be bombing on and committing the Scots.

We have too many overrated players.
They just aren’t world class.

Dunno I think England has some real quality players, Rashford and Sterling are world class IMO both would get a game for Scotland, anyone know if they have Scottish grannies? :D

England created just as many chances, Scotland hung on for a draw at the end.
The best chance of the game was Stones' header against the post whilst completely unmarked.
I may have been wrong about Grealish, he wernt great but at least he went at the opposition...I did expect Rice or Philips to make way rather than Foden who was one of the bright sparks. Southgate again determined not to lose.
The game reminded me of a battling bottom half side against top six Premier League side derby with the latter having an off day. Gilmore was excellent however and plaudits to Clarke for setting them up well.
England no width in second half and agree with earlier comment that the full backs appeared to be under orders not to bomb on.
I haven't seen much of Sancho and Bellingham but you'd think they'd deserve a go at some point.
Pains me to say it but thought Pickford had good game and right attitude.
Don't think we have any world class players atm.

The best chance of the game was Stones' header against the post whilst completely unmarked.
I may have been wrong about Grealish, he wernt great but at least he went at the opposition...I did expect Rice or Philips to make way rather than Foden who was one of the bright sparks. Southgate again determined not to lose.
The game reminded me of a battling bottom half side against top six Premier League side derby with the latter having an off day. Gilmore was excellent however and plaudits to Clarke for setting them up well.
England no width in second half and agree with earlier comment that the full backs appeared to be under orders not to bomb on.
I haven't seen much of Sancho and Bellingham but you'd think they'd deserve a go at some point.
Pains me to say it but thought Pickford had good game and right attitude.
Don't think we have any world class players atm.
Phillips is out of his depth, a limited player. I was baffled by Foden being substituted, would like to see Sancho.

England's premier league is full of foreign players and managers , we have a failed club manager who gets to be manager of the national side because he can string a sentence together without saying rude words such as bum! We put together a side of individuals including Foden, Sterling, Mount, Grealish, Kane etc who we allow the pundits to tell us just how good they are yet at no time did they( or do they ever) resemble a structured team.

It is easy to have a pop at Southgate and as an ex Palace player I should be biased but he does not inspire confidence not once did he suggest that he was reading or altering a poor display.

We play games to test players an example being White who is called into the squad after playing superbly yet we insist on using Mings who did not disgrace himself but in my eyes is not an international footballer. Did that side include a single leader who can command respect?

Eddie Howe (fmg) no thanks, Gerard or Lampard ?

The look on that young lady's face when the Hungary team celebrated scoring their goal, by destroying her work table, did make me giggle.

advertisement

Back