advertisement

Cambridge CXN V2 vs NDX 2 as a transport

zipperheadbanjo

pfm Member
Contemplating cashing out some of my gear, and am pondering going from an NDX 2 + XPS DR to a Cambridge CXN V2 as a transport into a Chord Qutest DAC. Curious if anyone has thoughts how the Cambridge unit would compare to the NDX 2... as a transport only.

Contemplating cashing out some of my gear, and am pondering going from an NDX 2 + XPS DR to a Cambridge CXN V2 as a transport into a Chord Qutest DAC. Curious if anyone has thoughts how the Cambridge unit would compare to the NDX 2... as a transport only.
Should sound nice and there’s also the Audiolab transport which appears to get a little more love on here.

It will be inferior in so many ways...but if you can live with it after experiencing the NDX2, then it's fine for you.

I'd cry a little bit doing that, but there are times when needs must, and I imagine at some point I may have to make a similar decision!

I will infer that the NDX2 will sound better than the Cambridge, but unless you're going to listen to them side by side you'll acclimate to the Cambridge pretty quickly.

I had a chance to try a NDX vs a NDX2 into my nDAC and while the NDX2 was ever-so-slightly better as a transport, the sound quality differences were small.

So I'd say at least try it out.

My reason for choosing the Audiolab CDT over the Cambridge equivalent was the ability to program tracks. I have loads of compilations, and would really miss that functionality, which I believe the Cambridge lacks.

My reason for choosing the Audiolab CDT over the Cambridge equivalent was the ability to program tracks. I have loads of compilations, and would really miss that functionality, which I believe the Cambridge lacks.

but slot load? That is a dealbreaker here

advertisement

Back