advertisement

Do men drink cocktails?

I'm curious how one becomes a 'freelance cocktail designer'. I don't remember the Careers Advice Service ever mentioning that one

luck at that moment in time and knowing the right people......I always had a very different day job, and this was a sideline that span out of our Juniper Society. Once I had a base to run the gin tasting events, I got to know people who in turn trusted my palate to come up with different ideas. Like i say, I have stopped not, but these days you need to invest in equipment for drying, dehydrating, extracting aromats, making tinctures, infusions.......

the last one i did was a smokey bacon bloody mary - I had to buy a dehydrator and a smoker.......

Cocktails ?
Nonsense. Meths from the bottle - with maybe a wee Buckie chaser to wash them down, and get the purple off yer lips; that's a proper man's drink.

for us we always keep a vodka in the freezer.

I'd make a nice strong 38g espresso poured over ice. When cold, shake hard with 2 msrs vodka, 1 msr coffee liqueur and ice.

Strain into a chilled Martini glass

For me larger measures of coffee liqueur make it way too sweet

Tricky choice, the BBR coffee liqueur is less sugary and 35% but lacks some of the coffee bite of Tia Maria.

I find as i get older i want less and less sugar in everything, part of the Mojito attraction is the ability to cut back on sugar and use fizzy water.

Had maybe too many of these one night in the carousel bar of the monteleone in NOLA

VIEUX CARRE
$18.00
Sazerac Rye Whiskey, Pierre Ferrand 1840 Cognac, Sweet Vermouth, Benedictine, Angostura and Peychaud Bitters

My first experience of cocktails (mixing spirits anyway) was when an uncharacteristically well-off mate opened his parents house up to the rest of our teenage gang while his parents were away. They had a bar in their lounge, unusual for the Valleys in the mid 60’s, and naturally we made the most of it. My only memory is waking up under the kitchen table alongside a similarly inebriated lad and a very large Alsatian. One of them was definitely called Stan. They also had a lovely fish pond in the garden which a few people took technicolour yawns into so the fish didn’t need feeding for a few weeks.

Tricky choice, the BBR coffee liqueur is less sugary and 35% but lacks some of the coffee bite of Tia Maria.

I find as i get older i want less and less sugar in everything, part of the Mojito attraction is the ability to cut back on sugar and use fizzy water.
[anxious]
I have Kahlúa, will that do?
[/anxious]

However Vodka is just blotto juice and best-used ... to run Mamods.

Love my old Mamod and adore cocktails of all kinds. I always scan cocktail menus looking for something new and fun. I'm certainly not an old fashioned northerner who feels anything other than a pint is an affront to his masculinity. I don't even care for ale.

Love my old Mamod and adore cocktails of all kinds.

DSCF6923_600px.jpg

Vodka-Hexamine Nightmare.

Swallow whole; do not inhale.

advertisement

Back