advertisement

EWA pfm tour: ABCaudio demo kit

ABCaudio

Trade: ABCaudio, representing EWA
Please read for available items:

(A new thread is in order, I think, due to requests to hear other EWA cables. I would ask please that discussion of EWA tour kit be posted here in a single thread, so as to not fill pfm up with EWA/ABCaudio stuff.)

The EWA cable system range is designed by Colin J. Wonfor, a well known and affectionately regarded member of the audio community. He was behind the early amplifier designs at AC Magnum, Inca Tech was him (and consulted for many other audio companies, including extensively at Naim), and he designed the award winning range (and was the technical director) at Tellurium Q before losing the company to those he believed to be his friends. EWA cables are advanced several generations from Colin's original concept behind the TQ range, and sound considerably different. They present what many describe as a more natural sound/acoustic and scale. pfm members are welcome to try certain products to assess EWA for themselves.

'40 cables'.

'25' cables:

This tour is open to regular and trusted private members of the pfm community. Each participant is requested to share their impressions on this thread, and to post the demo item/s to the next participant. There will be a list that will be kept somewhat up to date in the post below. I would love to be able to use written impressions on the website, if you don't mind - but your participation is not conditional on this.

If onward shipping looks expensive, email me and I will use the ABCaudio shop account (you can simply reimburse me for the postage). I'll need both you and the recipients full name, address, contact number and email, plus when you are available for parcel collection. Generally though, Royal Mail special delivery is fine for our purposes: it is good value, reliable, and has up to £500 insurance as standard. If you prefer a third party insurer, we recommend Sucursus.

Please post on the thread or start a private conversation with me if you would like to join in. I shall schedule myself to check pfm messages regularly from now on. But the best way to contact me is always via the webshop, using this contact form.

Last edited:
Starting Point Cables list:

@GruntPuppy

@gustav_errata

@AshM750

LS-40 list

@Ian G

@Bcnemil

@Peter Williamson

@GruntPuppy

@Gre_gor

@Amormusic

@yespsb

@Chris Marshall

LS-80 list

@jimbot2.0

@Chris Tarling

@Bettisdad

@Cappuccino

@Discopants

@kenniGT

@flutteringwow

@peter_964rs

@Mongeddavid

@Luceo non uro

@Rug Doc

@Weiss-Man

@flutteringwow

@Rexton

@eisenach

@AshM750

@Yivez

IC-25 box of goodies

@Heckyman

@eisenach

@Rajive Aggarwal

@Tarzan

@Luceo non uro

@Cappuccino

@Rug Doc

@iansr

@eisenach

@Discopants

@Chris Marshall

M-50 Power Amplifier

@Heckyman

@Muttley2

@Johnjo

@S-Man

@rag987

@matfff

@Adamgordoncr8

@johnacurtis

Claymore integrated

@flutteringwow

@IVELIN

@Heckyman

@gustav_errata

If shipping looks expensive, email me and I will use the ABCaudio account (you can simply reimburse me for the postage). I'll need both you and the recipients: Full name, address, contact number and email, plus when you are available for parcel collection.

Last edited:
Do you get to try Colin out as well ?
He ought to be tried for something...

We would lend him out, but he hasn't been house trained yet! ;)

@Rug Doc It's an M-50 stereo power amp on demo. I did have an M-50-P pre amp available, but that sold. Every item we sell is hand made to order, and without a sale it can be a bit of a stretch to make another amplifier.

My apologies if the website isn't clear, I'm not a web designer (clearly) but I hope it's better than it used to be.

You don't need a broken down old crock, do you?
As for house trained, never lived in one long enough to find back door.

Colin, I had one you of your first Claymores, a long time ago, so looking forward to listening to your new demo unit!

It has the same family sound but the bass is much better controlled and the phono stage now uses 0.1% Rs and 2.5% Caps much more true to the RIAA curve.

Great stuff, sadly I wont be able to trial the phono stage as my TT is round the other side of the room but it will be nice hearing the amp with my current setup

advertisement

Back