advertisement

iphone factory reset

graystoke4

pfm Member
hi all, as im selling my old iPhone i need to do a factory reset, on it, DO i have to have a my sim card in the phone to do this, just worried it might erase the sim as well, thanks,

hi all, as im selling my old iPhone i need to do a factory reset, on it, DO i have to have a my sim card in the phone to do this, just worried it might erase the sim as well, thanks,

WiFi, sim out, sign out of Find My iPhone, sign out of your icloud and then do a full factory reset

Last edited:
just did it i think, when i turn it on its asking me what language do i want, does this mean i have done it, but how do i know if all photos and messages are off,
do i have to fire it up again on my wifi, :(

just did it i think, when i turn it on its asking me what language do i want, does this mean i have done it, but how do i know if all photos and messages are off,
do i have to fire it up again on my wifi, :(

If you've factory reset it to that screen; that's the phone completely wiped

As long as you signed out of Find My and the iCloud; it's fully wiped with nothing on it

I’ve always been told to log out of iCloud first, then reset the phone completely.

You can log into your iCloud account and check the old phone isn’t listed as an active device there to be 100% sure.

Oh and if you used the phone for banking apps and credit cards, make sure you remove the digital keys first, otherwise you'll have to go through the rigmarole of getting new ones for the new phone from scratch

advertisement

Back