advertisement

Keaveny to leave Radio 6

miktec

retired
Bit of a bombshell moment today in the shed today when Shaun Keaveny announced his upcoming departure from Radio 6 !

Had kind of got used to his laconic afternoon banter whilst nailing bits of wood together ... not quite up there with the glory days of Radcliffe and Maconie of an afternoon but pleasant enough.

Shame really - not many contenders about at the moment (Ravenscroft doesn't quite do it for me)

Any suggestions?

I wonder if he was one of those who would be forced to move to Salford and he has jumped before being pushed. Shame, I used to listen to him a lot when he did breakfast and still caught a bit of him in the afternoons but not as often.

I think he suited breakfast better and suffered having to replace Radmac. I don’t listen to 6 much nowadays, I don’t really like any of the daytime line up after the Hawk.

I can’t imaging they’ll be forcing Lauren Laverne up to Manchester.

Cheers BB

I preferred him in the breakfast slot. In the afternoon I am playing records.

I like his style, maybe because I’m Northern. I can see it’s not for everyone and I don’t think his current afternoon slot suits him. I first heard him on overnights on XFM, he was perfect for that slot. Rock Star Top Trumps anyone?

Cheers BB

I like his style, maybe because I’m Northern. I can see it’s not for everyone and I don’t think his current afternoon slot suits him. I first heard him on overnights on XFM, he was perfect for that slot. Rock Star Top Trumps anyone?

Cheers BB

I liked his really miserable early morning schtick, it was the contrary to all the other cheery, smashy and nicey breakfast radio DJs.

Had him on pretty much all the way through his breakfast show run, really liked his 'shambolic' presentation style. Was gutted when he moved to afternoons. Not heard him as much on that slot but will be a big loss to 6 in my eyes.

I bet he's just pissed off at bring shuffled out of the breakfast slot to make way for whoever does it now (Laurene Laverne?). And he should be, he was better at it and cheaper. Yet another BBC product I've stopped consuming.

Lauren is a good presenter, but Shaun was better. Given they’re holding on to Mary Anne Hobbs and ravenscroft you have to wonder what they’re up to.

And don’t get me started on Amy Lame.

I was (am) not fond of his presentation style. He uses that 'talk over the music thing' too much and you can never catch what he is saying as the music cuts out and in too aggressively and the levels are wrong - the music being too loud reference his voice. It does not help that his voice/diction is not a model of broadcast clarity. So the whole thing becomes painful to try to keep track of.
I did not mind the kind of miserable shtick of his breakfast show.

Anyone that plays Rock n' Roll Damnation by AC/DC and Dress by PJ Harvey within 30 minutes of each other before 9am is OK by me.

advertisement

Back