advertisement

LP transport boxes

AudioAl

pfm Member
Can anyone point me in the direction of some decent quality / reasonable price LP transport boxes , I need quite a few for the house move :eek:

I don't need them for storage , I need them for transporting , Re the removal firm , I don't think they would as it may be weeks before I get the rack re assembled before they can have the boxes back , Then it's 130 miles each way to pick them up , I have about 700 / 800 LP's

Re the removal firm , I don't think they would as it may be weeks before I get the rack re assembled before they can have the boxes back

No basic packaging has been returnable in my experience - stout cardboard boxes. You probably realise that you will need quite small boxes - more than something like a 12 inch cube and it will be unfeasibly heavy.

Done several long distance moves with a couple of thousand vinyl LP and even more CD's.
The furniture shipping company that I hired to bring us from UK to Canada, came with triple corrugated boxes suitable for packing the LP's etc. Even special packing for pictures etc etc
Some of those boxes ( folded flat ) are still with us have have been used twice more.
Yes we had to pay for them ( not that much in the big picture of things ) but they have lasted and are ultimately recycled in paper collection.
Here in Canada I have purchased moving supplies from, Uline.
https://www.uline.ca/Cls_moving/Moving-Boxes-Supplies

There will be similar companies elsewhere and more local to you I am sure.

I bought these for my recent house move. Did the trick very nicely and have now been repurposed for bedding, bits n bobs.

Absolutely agree. The Really Useful boxes may not be a very environmentally friendly option, but they're by far the most robust solution I've used and decent value for money. Just make sure you use them for something else afterwards, and they'll be good for your next move, the one after that, and the next...

Looks like I " May be sorted " for transport boxes , I am buying them 100 and hopefully after use I can sell them on , I say maybe as 2 seller said they had them and then said they don't have them , Doh !!!

advertisement

Back