advertisement

Innuos announcement countdown

Your issue here is with your phone not the Innuos.
I'm quite prepared to accept that. But, it does not explain why I was easily able to move existing music stored on my PC, to the phone, without problems, yet cannot d the same with files from the Innuos.

Moving entire collections from a Zenith to USB or whatever is fantastically straightforward. As regards 2.0 the 1.4.9 interim update should be available today and that as well as2 are available to all Mk. 3 Innuos devices.

Good to know. I have checked for 1.4.9 and my Zen tells me it is up to date at 1.4.8.

Why not copy the files (albums) you want on your phone by first copying the relevant back up files to your pc and then move them to the music folder on your phone.
You will then be able to play these files on your phone offline with the music player of your choice - I use Foobar or Neutron on the rare occasions I need to do this.
I must admit I'm a bit confused why you can't see all the music on your Zen Mini on your pc - it should be there under Network with the 3 folders that @Amber Audio mentioned upthread?

Why not copy the files (albums) you want on your phone by first copying the relevant back up files to your pc and then move them to the music folder on your phone.

With respect.. that is what I have been trying to do ..Ad Nauseam. And yes.. I can also see the files on the Zen, via the computer. Same thing.. they simply will NOT move to the phone, either Card, or Internal Storage.

With respect.. that is what I have been trying to do ..Ad Nauseam. And yes.. I can also see the files on the Zen, via the computer. Same thing.. they simply will NOT move to the phone, either Card, or Internal Storage.
Can your Phone take the file format they are in, assume FLAC or WAV, regardless you should be able to drag and drop any file you want onto the Phone if it is tethered to the PC by USB cable or Bluetooth even if it doesn’t recognise the format.

Can you drop a normal PC file like a doc or jpg picture to the Phone internal storage?

Is there space on the Phone some have pretty small internal storage.

If using SD card can you use a card reader in a laptop or a USB external reader connected to PC to drop files onto it and then plug the card back into the Phone once you have it full of Music files.

@ Amber Audio. Thanks for the suggestions but trust me.. it has all been tried.

Phone internal memory is 128 Gig with 90+ Gig free. SD Card is also 128 Gg and mostly free.

Phone can allegedly deal with just about every Audio Codec known to man..and 'auto transcode' to MP3 for storage on phone. Again.. according to Samsung.. music is automaticaly downloaded to the Internal Memory.. but can be later moved into an SD card.

Now. here's a thing...
Avid readers may recall that I had no problem moving a few stray albums from my PC to my phone. These albums had been on my PC forever..and having gone back and looked at them more closely.. they are all stored on the PC as MP3 files.
Now... the bulk of the music from my Innuos is stored as FLAC, but this should not be an issue as my phone apparently 'automatically Transcodes any music to MP3'.

And yet.. a small number of files from the Innuos are in a folder called 'Compressed'.. and guess what...they move easily from the Innuos folder to the phone, and ... using the PC....from the phone internal memory to its SD Card. (Though this seems to be copying, so I then have to delete from the phone internal) A check on these files' properties shows them to be MP3.

Yet.. despite every best effort on my part the bulk of files..which are FLAC.

Will NOT move into the phone.

Maybe someone at Samsung is telling Porkies..... :mad:

Sorry if I'm being thick but have you first tried to copy the relevant files to the hard disk on your pc rather than going direct from the Zen server to your phone?

Just a comment - Some Phones and Operating Systems have issues with playing certain files and bitrates, FLAC being one of them especially if an older phone/OS.

You can use a converter to change them to MP3 which is what I do if my car stereo can’t play FLAC. dBPoweramp or similar utility does the lot in a one shot batch conversion.

Sorry if I'm being thick but have you first tried to copy the relevant files to the hard disk on your pc rather than going direct from the Zen server to your phone?

It was the first thing I did.

Just a comment - Some Phones and Operating Systems have issues with playing certain files and bitrates, FLAC being one of them especially if an older phone/OS.

You can use a converter to change them to MP3 which is what I do if my car stereo can’t play FLAC. dBPoweramp or similar utility does the lot in a one shot batch conversion.

Phone is less than one month old... and claims to auto convert any downloaded music to MP3.

It was the first thing I did.

Phone is less than one month old... and claims to auto convert any downloaded music to MP3.
If you say what make model it might shed light for others who also have the same handset.

Take the INNUOS out the equation. Prove the Phone works normally by copying some music, vid and picture files from your computer to the Phone SD card and Internal Storage. Can you listen and/or view them without any issues? If so move on to working with the INNUOS support guys. If not you have an issue with the Phone itself, possibly with Permissions or File Format support.

Right. I have stated this above but the phone is a Samsung A52 5G.

I have also stated that I am able to move pre existing files from the PC onto the phone. These are MP3 files. I have also stated that I found some MP3 files on the Innuos and these also transferred to the phone with no problem.

However.. the vast bulk of my music is on the Innuos as FLAC files. Samsung claim that the A52 will automatically convert any downloaded music from the bulk of CODECs.. including FLAC, into MP3 when transferring. This does not seem to be happening.

So.. the fault does seem to be with the phone.. which I have also already stated.

Convert some flacs to MP3 and see if they work

This is where I came in..seemingly light years ago... I got difficult to find a suitable converter for use on my ageing Win7 pc.. and then I discovered Samsung's claim to auto convert....

This bit about the phone auto converting flac to MP3. Have you got a link to the user guide regarding this?

Shirley if you are just copying files from pc to phone then thats all you are doing unless you do it via some software no conversion is going to happen?

Sorry if I missed something critical, I'll get my coat.

To both above. I definitely read it.. I'm not THAT senile just yet. However... finding it again in the morass that is Samsung is another matter.

Right. Firstly I had a very nice further resonse from Innuos confirming that it ought to be straightforward to move files etc.... and pointing to info.

Next. I contacted Samsung. Their 'Helpbot' was baffled, so I had an online chat with 'Beverley', who was eceptionally polite but clearly had no idea what I was talking about..and suggested I post a question via the 'Samsung Members' App on my phone...except that of course it wasn't on my phone..
..so anyway..I installed the app and sent this:

Greetings,
Recently purchased an A52 5G and tried to put some music on it. I have successfully copied some MP3 files via a wired connection to PC using 'drag and drop', but the bulk of my music is stored as FLAC files on a server which is seen on my network.
Despite A52 manual stating that music will be automatically transcoded to MP3..this is not happening.. etc

The response (excuding niceties)

The music will only decode if it's a supported format and other formats will appear as unsupported on the phone... you can try using MP3 converter.. etc.

Oddly.. this seems to admit that there IS a transcode function.. but denies that FLAC is supported.. which is a denial of..

Galaxy A52 5G

Audio and Video
  • Stereo Support Yes
  • Video Playing Format MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
  • Video Playing Resolution UHD 4K (3840 x 2160)@30fps
  • Audio Playing Format MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
(From https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-a/galaxy-a52-5g-awesome-black-128gb-sm-a526bzkdeua/)

So.... with heavy heart I responded...

Thanks..etc.. but... I don't understand. FLAC is a supported format. I would therefore expect that even if files were not transcoded.. they would be stored as FLAC. Also.. there are many 'player' apps which support FLAC. including VLC and Samsung Music.

I shall await further response.

advertisement

Back