advertisement

Curmudgeon Corner

Some properties in my locale have lovely thick privet and laurel garden hedges, trouble is they extend about a metre over the pavement, then they go and park their cars and vans half on the pavement as well making it impassable unless you are as skinny as a beanpole and don’t mind the odd twig in your ear hole!

Some properties in my locale have lovely thick privet and laurel garden hedges, trouble is they extend about a metre over the pavement, then they go and park their cars and vans half on the pavement as well making it impassable unless you are as skinny as a beanpole and don’t mind the odd twig in your ear hole!
Especially as you must be very, very careful in those circumstances not to let any zips or buttons on your clothing come anywhere near the beautiful paintwork on the car, lest they should cause an unsightly scratch.

scratch the vehicles with the shears you have to carry to pass through the tiny gaps.

good luck stay safe

I usually move their door mirror into an inconvenient position for them with my hand as I pass.

Warning: contains sweariness

A few choice things that are sheeting on my strawberries.

• Football
  • Zoe Ball
  • Tomatoes that taste of nothing
  • Potatoes that taste of nothing
  • Thick people
  • Wilfully ignorant people
  • Devices that solve constructed problems, that aren’t problems
  • People who buy pre-chopped/pealed vegetables or fruit, blinking retards.
On a more personal note, aching testicles. An issue for over a year now and I have to stop the medication that is providing (some) relief, as the hospital consultation is in two weeks.
It feels like the ache that happens 5 minutes or so after getting a kick (whatever) in the nuts, and is fairly constant. It puts me in a depressive mood, and that is not my default state. Bollocks.

I usually move their door mirror into an inconvenient position for them with my hand as I pass.
Digressing slightly, the plastic cover on my door mirror disappeared recently (literally the cover,not the workings inside). I strongly suspect it was nicked as a replacement cost over £80!! (Just the plastic cover remember).
It also took me about an hour to clip it on being scared stiff I would break it by forcing the little plastic fixings.
Ford Grand C Max in case anybody’s interested.

Digressing slightly, the plastic cover on my door mirror disappeared recently (literally the cover,not the workings inside). I strongly suspect it was nicked as a replacement cost over £80!! (Just the plastic cover remember).
It also took me about an hour to clip it on being scared stiff I would break it by forcing the little plastic fixings.
Ford Grand C Max in case anybody’s interested.
I had two carefully removed while parked outside in the street. PITA

Last edited:
A few choice things that are sheeting on my strawberries
  • Tomatoes that taste of nothing
  • Potatoes that taste of nothing
Bought some ‘ripe and read to eat’ peaches in the posh supermarket, reduced price as use by date reached, hard as rocks when I unwrapped them, 3 days later they had softened up and were a tasteless, woolly mush inside. What on earth do they do to fruit these days!

Bought some ‘ripe and read to eat’ peaches in the posh supermarket, reduced price as use by date reached, hard as rocks when I unwrapped them, 3 days later they had softened up and were a tasteless, woolly mush inside. What on earth do they do to fruit these days!

Yup. I occasionally take back tasteless or weird texture fruit/veg. Trying hard to stop The Wife buying salad leaves in plastic bags, but apparently pea shoots are what she wants...

Tangerines - Satsumas are a good example of something that looks good, but can taste of practically nothing. I did get some spring greens recently and they were fine, tasted green :)

‘ripe and read to eat’ peaches

Sainsbury's 'Ripe and Ready' peaches, nectarines, apricots etc. Reminds me of the 3Rs at school; ripe, ready and rubbish. I've taken back quite a bit this winter. It's tasteless marketing and gives me the pip !

It was ever thus...

Augmented reality. If reality is augmented is it really still reality, or does real reality only become really real after it’s been augmented?

And what was reality before augmentation? Was it not really real?

Augmented reality. If reality is augmented is it really still reality, or does real reality only become really real after it’s been augmented?

And what was reality before augmentation? Was it not really real?
I have a problem with reality at the moment. Not a fan of the current version. Perhaps a bit of diminished reality would be a small relief.

advertisement

Back