advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

I got to the check in desk at the vaccination mega-centre to hear the young woman in front of me trying to explain she had an appointment and getting out a foreign identity card. After about ten minutes and several people after me who had rapidly gone through the other desks, the person dealing with her waved me away to another desk. I asked the adjacent one if they could take me but was told “this is the Moderna queue” ( for under 40s). I was leaving after the jab and looked back to see the same woman at the same desk still waving various items- card, phone etc around, remonstrating with the clerk.

No ill effects whatsoever 16 hours later (AZ).

Second AZ a week ago and it maybe made me slightly drowsey for 2 days, but my spells of breathlessness (asumed to be a consequence of assymptomatic C19), which appeared to be made far worse by the first jab, have very largely disappeared - I have had none since the injection. (On a whim, I measured my blood pressure during a few breathlessness episodes and that was 140-170/80-90)
The constant aches and tingling in both legs and hips, the right hip especially, have subsided enormously too, but walking is still a minor chore rather than a pleasure.

I was extremely sceptical about reports that second jabs cleared some symptoms, so I don't see any of it being purely in the mind.

Could really do with full unhindered use of my legs though.....

I asked the adjacent one if they could take me but was told “this is the Moderna queue” ( for under 40s).
Blimey, Young People are getting a bit pretentious these days. Couldn’t you have proved you were pretty Moderna yourself? Sung them a song by Billy Fury or some such?

Second AZ today. No symptoms at all so far. Going to have fish and chips and a rather nice Chablis.
After I had my jab, I went to the pub and ended up drinking rather more beer than is advisable on a Monday. I can't be sure that this wasn't why I had no bad side effects, nor that the jab didn't save me from a nasty hangover. Maybe it was both. More studies are needed.

Two days out from second AZ jab and not a birdy, nothing. The nurse said side effects are less with the second injection which I joked would be “less than nothing”.

2nd AZ jab at 12:05 today. Ok so far. Hopefully will feel ok tomorrow, as jab#1 hit me the day after.

It took me a full week to recover from moderna #2, but I feel absolutely fine now. Hopefully be a while until a booster is needed.

Second AZ for me on Saturday. Since Monday evening I've had an absolute humdinger of a cold, the first for maybe five years. All of my symptoms are given as possible side effects, but I'm wondering if the culprit is more likely the less than optimally considerate person in the post office, also on Saturday, who took their mask off to sneeze.

advertisement

Back