advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proud Dad moment - the band I conduct on saturday mornings has a 'training band' for up & coming musicians (of all ages) where they can gain experience playing in a large ensemble. It's shown to be a real boost for their motivation, and of course is great social too. Our Emma has been learning drumkit for the last couple of years so now goes along to play with the band. Today marked our first live rehearsal since last March - outdoors, but such was the joy of being back playing I don't think anyone noticed the cold. :)

In action by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Nikon Z7/Z 50mm f1.8 S

Superb stuff, Rico :)
Very kind, sir #8 ). If it's not too outrageous, I'll add a couple more.

51196091881_fb02b05d5f_b.jpg

Nikon D4 + Nikkor 70-200 2.8 FL/E ISO400, 1/640 @ f3.2. Hosted on flickr, all rights reserved.

51197153435_4763b2bd4d_b.jpg

Nikon D4 + Nikkor 70-200 2.8 FL/E ISO800, 1/60 @ f7.2. Hosted on flickr, all rights reserved.

Hi PFishtographers, I've been absent for a good while. Very focussed (no pun intended) on some major house renovations, ongoing. As a result, less time spent shooting. I've just spent a very enjoyable couple of hours catching up on this thread and have drawn some great inspiration.

@mentalp very sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Your portraiture is mind-blowing to me.

For my first contribution to the picture a week thread, forgive me four images I shot in Wellington NZ, 17 January 2021. The final stage of the Tour of New Zealand was the Wellington Criterion, held on the streets of Wellington City in wet conditions. Thankfully I was rocking my Think Tank Hydrophobia rain cover for when the heavens opened. It's challenging to get good backgrounds and interesting compositions shooting sports up-close in an urban setting! I tried some with 16-35 F4, but most of my publishable work came from the old standby, the 70-200.

51006203183_729df6167f_b.jpg

Nikon D4 + Nikkor 70-200 2.8 FL/E ISO400, 1/60 @ f11. Hosted on flickr, all rights reserved.

51195377912_f1e240fc36_b.jpg

Nikon D4 + Nikkor 70-200 2.8 FL/E ISO640, 1/1000 @ f3.2. Hosted on flickr, all rights reserved.

51197161975_7d03c321ea_b.jpg

Nikon D4 + Nikkor 70-200 2.8 FL/E ISO1600, 1/250 @ f3.2. Hosted on flickr, all rights reserved.

51196869824_8f54029062_b.jpg

Nikon D4 + Nikkor 70-200 2.8 FL/E ISO1600, 1/200 @ f4. Hosted on flickr, all rights reserved.

Great bike action. Motion. Speed. Cool bikes. Riders grunt.
-Steve

Proud Dad moment - the band I conduct on saturday mornings has a 'training band' for up & coming musicians (of all ages) where they can gain experience playing in a large ensemble. It's shown to be a real boost for their motivation, and of course is great social too. Our Emma has been learning drumkit for the last couple of years so now goes along to play with the band. Today marked our first live rehearsal since last March - outdoors, but such was the joy of being back playing I don't think anyone noticed the cold. :)

In action by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Nikon Z7/Z 50mm f1.8 S

Brilliant...My old man was a drummer..He played a Trixon Speed fire in green sparkle, I play drums myself, and my brother is a drummer..It is a very difficult discipline, using all four limbs at once and being able to have the coordination to play..You also have to be fit and have stamina. I'm old now and not very fit..it's a bummer...There were manymany jokes about drummers, one sticking out in my mind...How do you know, when the drummers kit is level??...He/she dribbles from both sides of their mouth..when In truth, the drummer is the heart of a band, without a time keeper, they'd be lost..

Another jaunt to Runcorn before breakfast this morning, still mooching about in the old town, today I concentrated on the Silver Jubilee Bridge, opened in 1961 and recently re-opened after a refurbishment, this 330m span bridge passes over the Manchester Ship Canal and The River Mersey. Dues to its height (to clear shipping), it dominates the old town.

Runcorn Silver Jubilee Bridge-1
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Runcorn Silver Jubilee Bridge-2
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

that has a really great 3D feel to it! You're enjoying the Z7? That looks like some lens, for sure.

Liking the Z7 a lot, although the files are huuuge - nothing I wasn't expecting though. A nice, well thought-out camera with familiar menus - even the battery life is impressive for a mirrorless body. The real stars though are the lenses - both the 50 and 35 1.8's are stunning and I truly cannot fault them. I sincerely thought Nikon were having a laugh with pricing on their release, with them only being 1.8 primes (which every man and his dog makes) but in use I'd say they represent something of a bargain, such is their quality.

Gromit, I'm confused. Have you said goodbye to the Df?

I have - lovely camera but was getting tired of its inconsistent focusing which could be a somewhat hit & miss. Was doing some portraits for a friend in a forest setting a few weeks ago where over half of the images were blurred, even using single point AF-S. Took my D700 along as back-up which nailed every single one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back