advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that this Indian variant is raging out of control!

Cases lower this week than last, hospital admissions and patients continuing to decline and deaths down to 7 after there were 20 reported on the same day last week. Today’s death figure of 7 is the lowest reported on a Tuesday since the start of the pandemic, apart from September 1 which was the day after a bank holiday.

And in another positive sign, Boris has said he does not see ‘anything conclusive’ to suggest the path out of lockdown may be altered by the spread of the Indian coronavirus variant.
Boris has spoken!!! We’ve nothing to worry about then.

You do realise death figures lag case figures by about 8 days.

Ahh that old chestnut! Give it two weeks to be sure. ;)
Let’s not bother then, what’s few more old folk in the mortuary matter, won’t be a significant enough number for anyone to notice nor to bump the % death figure up, the Gov won’t look any worse than they do already.

128,000 dead, & 'Ill take smugness over pessimism' marvellous.
What 128,00 dead - that old chestnut.
Something around here utterly disgusts me. Again.
I suppose its hysterical to think so.

My comment about smugness was only designed to be light-hearted after what jimbob75 said. Being pessimistic isn’t good either and nor is overly optimistic. Nothing wrong with a bit of caution though and I can understand it.

128,000 dead is shocking and let’s all hope we’ve seen the worst of it now!

I see that this Indian variant is raging out of control!

Ahh that old chestnut! Give it two weeks to be sure.

Yes smugness over pessimism and Guardian articles with the latest doom-mongering from a SAGE scientist desperate to stay relevant and hog the limelight. What variant will it be next?

Nothing offensive. My comments have been taken completely out of context.

It was Bob who mentioned the word smug in the first place.

"My comments have been taken completely out of context."
You have made a few eh?
Makes a change from being told to stop being pessimistic and hysterical I guess.
The JCB you are using to dig yourself a hole?
How much diesel does it have left?

As I have said here before, I am deeply grateful to those who tirelessly add factual information to this thread, it is by far my biggest resource for that level of decision making material.
Now the fact that you struggle with said information and call it doom laden, pessimistic, hysterical, et al, just makes it clear that you cannot handle it - so why bother reading it.
To then go on and try and make almost 'jokes' about those facts is truly pathetic.

There are plenty of positive posts made - you seem to ignore those though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back