advertisement

Stock Market 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well these videos seem well researched and don't even start to address his more recent financial manipulations. First video concentrates on his "Paypal" days and second on Tesla. Prior to crypto market manipulations which succeed these videos in date, they calculate his justifiable net wealth from Tesla to be $2b which seems a bit harsh.

Just watched them both.
Good to know my bullshit radar still works. The facts are the facts ...

So you going long on TSLA then?

In my research of the guy, I didn't even dive into his PayPal days, his early Tesla ones were enough. So yet another 'non founder' story. A hint of ethics and honesty in business are nice traits ...Elon should go into politics (which I think he will one day BTW)

The media always like a Golden Child for every era. Only issue with that is investors better watch out when they turn on him. I still maintain Telsa could be a sub $100 share within a year.

Fixed that for ya! ;)

It's just another part of this Covid story we'll be writing about for the next decade.

I see his followers on Facebook EV car forums and if this isn't a cult I don't know what is.

After watching those videos, I can see why he lies through his teeth about upcoming Tesla tech and new model delivery dates. As I said, he'll end up in politics.

I still maintain Telsa could be a sub $100 share within a year.

I wouldn’t disagree, the valuation is absurd. However, I’m happy to hold (and increase) SMT and pleased they’ve reduced Tesla to a 4.4% holding. I’m OK with that as we know the world has gone mad.

I have noticed that Baillie Gifford (a major Tesla investor) has been heavily reducing it's Tesla position in many of its funds over the last quarter. There are plenty of red flags at the moment.

Inflation is here. I went to a local pub garden with 3 mates on Sunday evening. We four or five have been doing Sunday nights for years to put the weekend to bed. Not always the same pub. Anyway the point is we have been paying between £3.20 and £3.50 for a pint for ever. This weekend - £4.30 a pint in a pub that was £3.50.

Yep, swithering whether to cash out and buy something metal and very fast that uses petrol or HODL for a couple years and wait for the next ATH, not sure if this is gonna be a full on dump or not, my MATIC is going the other way

Yeah go for it....if you go for anything tasty you'll be paying through the nose compared to a year ago though

I wouldn’t disagree, the valuation is absurd. However, I’m happy to hold (and increase) SMT and pleased they’ve reduced Tesla to a 4.4% holding. I’m OK with that as we know the world has gone mad.

Buy Tesla directly...I dare ya!!

Inflation is here. I went to a local pub garden with 3 mates on Sunday evening. We four or five have been doing Sunday nights for years to put the weekend to bed. Not always the same pub. Anyway the point is we have been paying between £3.20 and £3.50 for a pint for ever. This weekend - £4.30 a pint in a pub that was £3.50.

Yeah, the whole mantra that everyone will go back to normal habits (i.e. Pubs) is dangerous. Half of my mates have had a health kick epiphany overly Covid, walking the mountains here like mad.

Not all of them will go back to pub life... especially at those prices. Some have also built bars etc in their house/garden.

Pull the while lot and go enjoy it!!
Tempted the other day to just bail and call it a day after a really good year or so, messing about on the exchanges keeps me out of mischief. I never got into proper Share trading, unlike you guys, so content myself with this alternative version.

I'm not betting the farm, have a good few more £K towards the motor, was aiming for a nice Merc coupe but might go for something a bit more exotic next year - see how this all pans out.

Matic isn't a sh1tcoin it has a real business use case - offloading for the ETC chain and performing the transactions massively faster and at a fraction of the price.

I have noticed that Baillie Gifford (a major Tesla investor) has been heavily reducing it's Tesla position in many of its funds over the last quarter. There are plenty of red flags at the moment.

Yes, it seems they are repositioning for the next cycle. A couple of the key guys at BG are retiring soon (Anderson, Plowden). Will be interesting to watch the young blood.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but Right To Repair activist Louis Rossmann has an interesting take on the NY property market, which has had a lot of empty retail property since long before covid 19 and insanely high advertised rents. He is suggesting that a lot of behind the scenes negotiations are occurring to slash rents to a fraction, but they are coupled with NDAs with very high penalties for the renters if the disclose the actual rent they are paying. If this is the case, and if it is true in other major cities, it smacks of a real bubble just about to burst. Commercial property values being entirely smoke and mirrors rather than being assessed on actual market values. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest!

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but Right To Repair activist Louis Rossmann has an interesting take on the NY property market, which has had a lot of empty retail property since long before covid 19 and insanely high advertised rents. He is suggesting that a lot of behind the scenes negotiations are occurring to slash rents to a fraction, but they are coupled with NDAs with very high penalties for the renters if the disclose the actual rent they are paying. If this is the case, and if it is true in other major cities, it smacks of a real bubble just about to burst. Commercial property values being entirely smoke and mirrors rather than being assessed on actual market values. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest!

Built on sand. A couple of retailers I know are currently paying 50% rents agreed by the landlord. Trouble is, much commercial property is built and owned by big pension funds…

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back