advertisement

MQA pt II

I ment, it will not be only service what Apple provides. So, you will have choice to use it or not.

Given that Amazon and Apple aren't charging for Hi Res, I think Spotify will now have follow suit.

I wonder if Tidal will revise it's recent pricing changes?

Is the Amazon Music player Ad free, as in no links, pop ups etc to other Amazon services?

Atmos requires a licensed decoder, and this is unfortunate. However, unlike MQA, it offers something beyond plain stereo, which makes the proposition a tradeoff at least worth considering. Moreover, nobody is pushing for all content to be replaced with Atmos. It's an optional extra. If you have the necessary equipment, great. If not, no harm done.

Atmos requires a licensed decoder, and this is unfortunate. However, unlike MQA, it offers something beyond plain stereo, which makes the proposition a tradeoff at least worth considering. Moreover, nobody is pushing for all content to be replaced with Atmos. It's an optional extra. If you have the necessary equipment, great. If not, no harm done.
Where is the outrage directed at ATMOS? A proprietary, LOSSY, licensed system, perfectly prepared for world domination!!!

Pity then you appear to be having troubles keeping up.

Perhaps, my age. Still interested though where your knowledge on Spotify 'Lossless' pricing comes from. Perhaps you could let me know how much they will charge so I can budget?

Thank you.

Never cared about multichannel, always had enough trouble to have decent stereo. 11 speakers? Probably even will not understand it, not speaking about geting them. Sorry, no fight here from me.

I must admit, I have limited experience of it, but from memory it did seem to be Ad free.

I am a Prime subscriber but so far have not used their HD music service. I only asked as many things Amazon tech are subsidised and result in constantly being bombarded with associated company services.

Perhaps their Streaming service is different?

Perhaps, my age. Still interested though where your knowledge on Spotify 'Lossless' pricing comes from. Perhaps you could let me know how much they will charge so I can budget?
I once had a plane seat next to one of their investors. Should've had the foresight to ask about this. He seemed like a smart guy, though, so the pricing will probably be competitive.

They're not lying about what it is. Makes all the difference.
I see! They are the good LOSSY proprietary system...

Their advertising promises everything MQA ever did and more...And I bet they have a special light.

If I play one of Miles Davis performances where he plays with his back to the audience in ATMOS, will it sound like he is behind me or like he turned around?

LOL

Last edited:
I am a Prime subscriber but so far have not used their HD music service. I only asked as many things Amazon tech are subsidised and result in constantly being bombarded with associated company services.

Perhaps their Streaming service is different?

You probably mean like the Kindle adverts - or you pay extra to be Advert free. I don't recall any Adverts on their subscription Streaming Service, it would displease allot of users if they went down that path. You can get a 3 month free trial and help this site here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/music/unlimited?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Reactions: RoA
I once had a plane seat next to one of their investors. Should've had the foresight to ask about this. He seemed like a smart guy, though, so the pricing will probably be competitive.

Perhaps. Spotify reported triple net losses in 2020. They have raised a few plan prices, no doubt to keep single subscriptions, likely the majority, at current levels, for now at least. Lossless, if it ever happens ... Will be a minor demographic for them. My guess is that low cost offers will be available for a short period after which they inevitably rise.

That is if they ever offer Lossless ...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back