advertisement

Dutch & Dutch 8c’s

If you have a ‘control’ are you running the latest firmware Steve, bluetooth and PEQ were two of the additions,
both worthwhile additions.
Keith

So after a few emails with Martijn Mensink of Dutch & Dutch, I've rolled back the room correction frequency range from 20-600Hz to 20-300Hz, he doesn't recommend going beyond 500Hz (ideally 200-300Hz). To quote Martijn's email 'In short: in the bass we hear the steady-state frequency response, in the transition region and at higher frequencies we hear the speaker and therefore the steady-state response doesn’t correlate strongly with what we hear'

So still using my 'Harmon Studio' target curve i get:

Left

Right

Last edited:
When I heard Knipster's at the Wam Show they were in a very difficult room. He had a room corrected preset and a non corrected one and kindly let us hear both settings back to back a few times. I thought that the corrected preset sounded a bit too constrained and the non-corrected was a bit wayward.

I would expect that somewhere in between would provide an excellent balance. I think our ears/brain expects to hear some of the room, but there are certainly benefits to reducing the most audible anomalies.

I would expect that somewhere in between would provide an excellent balance. I think our ears/brain expects to hear some of the room, but there are certainly benefits to reducing the most audible anomalies.

My DSPSHD has three sets of correction in it. The fourth setting is used to mute the speaker output and feed my Rega Ear;)

Of the three, one is full correction. The other two are no correction other than bass.

If you have the time, try the ‘Harmon Studio’ curve I posted a page or two ago. It’s basically flat from 250Hz to 32000Hz. This theoretically yields a ‘domestic’ studio scenario.

If you have the time, try the ‘Harmon Studio’ curve I posted a page or two ago. It’s basically flat from 250Hz to 32000Hz. This theoretically yields a ‘domestic’ studio scenario.

Thanks. I'm ok with my settings. I remember well the time and effort Lee took to get them right, and programmed into the MiniDSP SHD. I have no eq settings being handled by my speakers at all. I've got very used to the sound now.

advertisement

Back