advertisement

how much for a fuse,

Hi, when i posted this thread, i did say let's buy, or a magazine should buy a starter a mid price and a top of the line, disassemble them to see, what , if anything is different,
I'm all for a good £0- £200, tweak, we all are, If you have well known and trusted journalist saying the make a huge difference, let them prove it,, by letting US know what the unit manufacturing differences are, Gauntlet thrown down ,

Well Steven Tsang of 'Quantum Science Audio' (alarm bells beginning to tinkle) claims to be 'disciplined' in electronic engineering, but no electronics engineer worth his salt would come out with this meaningless nonsense:

"The QSA brand uses our world's only Musical Metal Molecule Alignment Technology (MMMAT) and Metal Active Technology (MAT). These produce a more efficient flow of electrons which allows for greater conductivity.....the QSA technology removes Bottle-neck Distortions (BND), while independent studies have shown that our fuse technology improves the performance 70 to 80%, while the aftermarket AC power cord is only 20 to 30%."

What independent studies, and what exactly are these made up 'Bottle Neck Distortions' exactly? It's Hi-Fi homeopathy, nothing more.

Well Steven Tsang of 'Quantum Science Audio' (alarm bells beginning to tinkle) claims to be 'disciplined' in electronic engineering, but no electronics engineer worth his salt would come out with this meaningless nonsense:

"The QSA brand uses our world's only Musical Metal Molecule Alignment Technology (MMMAT) and Metal Active Technology (MAT). These produce a more efficient flow of electrons which allows for greater conductivity.....the QSA technology removes Bottle-neck Distortions (BND), while independent studies have shown that our fuse technology improves the performance 70 to 80%, while the aftermarket AC power cord is only 20 to 30%."

What independent studies, and what exactly are these made up 'Bottle Neck Distortions' exactly? It's Hi-Fi homeopathy, nothing more.
Does sound crazy!

When I owned big 300B monoblocks, I did put $20 fuses in them and thought I heard something, but it wasn't anything big.

Utter rubbish and a nice big lie - the bigger the lie the more likely it is that it will be believed.

And in case any other twerps want to argue the case - although we see our World as a continuum it is in reality a quantum World one in which nothing is fully known as there is always an uncertainty in anything that we can measure. Sub atomic particles such as electrons 'jump' from place to place and yes those jumps are not all equal. Reality is really a very strange place whereby an electron is both a wave and a particle simultaneously. Its difficult for us to imagine as we just don't see this happening in the macro continuum that we observe so thus have no words to describe nature as it really is.

Cheers,

DV

"The QSA brand uses our world's only Musical Metal Molecule Alignment Technology (MMMAT) and Metal Active Technology (MAT).
It’s good to see that the QSA brand tacitly admit that other worlds may also have discovered Musical Metal Molecule Alignment Technology (MMMAT) and Metal Active Technology (MAT) and that aliens out there may already be enjoying the benefits of fuses without Bottle-neck Distortions (BND).

Utter rubbish and a nice big lie - the bigger the lie the more likely it is that it will be believed.

And in case any other twerps want to argue the case - although we see our World as a continuum it is in reality a quantum World one in which nothing is fully known as there is always an uncertainty in anything that we can measure. Sub atomic particles such as electrons 'jump' from place to place and yes those jumps are not all equal. Reality is really a very strange place whereby an electron is both a wave and a particle simultaneously. Its difficult for us to imagine as we just don't see this happening in the macro continuum that we observe so thus have no words to describe nature as it really is.

Cheers,

DV

https://www.livescience.com/quantum-drum-duet-heisenberg-uncertainty-principle.html

Lots of research in physics going on its exciting times the computing power and size of the experimental platforms coupled with materials science it's going to deliver new technologies and understanding.

This popped up on my phone just the other day.

https://www.livescience.com/quantum-drum-duet-heisenberg-uncertainty-principle.html

Quantum entanglement observed at the macro level, for instance.

All very interesting I find.

Last edited:

Rhetoric intended to be so far from typical reader education that it wins the logos mode of persuasion.

I recall the Golden Sound Intelligent Chip from a long time ago. The manufacturers described how it improved CD sound using quantum theory. I had read quantum theory as an undergraduate and I read the explanation carefully.

From a theoretical PoV the quantum part of the explanation was plausible. From an engineering PoV making the theory work in a real CD player was as close to impossible as it gets.

And there was still a "then a miracle occurs" step when the (very very very low level) flux of coherent photons interacted somehow with the CD to make it sound better when played. That critical step was not explained. "I think you need more detail just here ...".

Alarm bells for sure.

I’ve seen it argued, convincingly, that without quantum uncertainty there would be no ‘free will’ because the universe would be completely predictable and deterministic right from the moment after the Big Bang when the laws of physics were set. Every interaction would lead to a predictable outcome which would then determine the next outcome, and so on until the heat death of the universe. So quantum uncertainty is, quite literally, vital.

I’ve seen it argued, convincingly, that without quantum uncertainty there would be no ‘free will’ because the universe would be completely predictable and deterministic right from the moment after the Big Bang when the laws of physics were set. Every interaction would lead to a predictable outcome which would then determine the next outcome, and so on until the heat death of the universe. So quantum uncertainty is, quite literally, vital.

Not sure it would be calculable, in Newtonian mechanics the three body problem is chaotic, i.e. unpredictable so how predicting the universe would behave if quantum uncertainty didn't exist doesn't seem possible.

Actually you can get chaotic (i.e. unpredictable) behaviour from a system that is non-linear with memory, without invoking quantum mechanics. So I'm not so sure about needing quantum mechanics to explain an unpredictable universe.

I have some foo fuses. The acid test is having thought they sounded marvellous when first installed, after a few months then swapping back the original busman fuse and discovering no change in sound quality. This has happened to me with some examples.

Fair play to the him, that really is Platinum Grade bollocks. ;)

I have some foo fuses. The acid test is having thought they sounded marvellous when first installed, after a few months then swapping back the original busman fuse and discovering no change in sound quality. This has happened to me with some examples.
Perhaps they are just worn and you need a new set? :)

advertisement

Back