advertisement

Celebrity hifi systems

Garrard 401 is rather too niche for a magazine prop. It will almost certainly be his, he is rather obsessed with the 60’s & 70s scene so probably aware of the TT as a result?

As it’s for a magazine article I expect it is staged for effect but he is a genuine music geek, he’s had a few radio shows on 6music and knows his stuff.

Cool. My point is though that you can't assume that is his system in the picture. It might just be for show. It could be his stuff, we don't know, but it could just be props.

To be honest, the deck makes sense as if you listened to a lot if old jazz that deck would be a good choice.

Anyhow, he‘d bought a top of the line large screen trinitron TV and wasn’t happy with picture quality of it…unfortunately, he‘d seen the 2 tiny vertical wires behind the tube that held the invisible horizontal wires in place - once seen, never forgotten. I, as a gobby mid-20s guy, had to explain to this guy „they all do that sir“. He was ****ing furious, suggesting Sony didn’t know their arse from their elbow from an engineering perspective :)

Oh those, yes, on more than one occasion I had to point out that "no, your ad/promo/visual effects won't have that line in it, it's just the monitor". These were very talented people and couldn't grasp that if the machine was faulty it wouldn't be putting a line exactly a third of the way up the screen in all circumstances.
Like you say, once seen...

Back in the 70s, Acoustic Research advertised their speakers with pictures of the musicians who used their speakers.
If I remember correctly, Miles Davis used AR3s.

Anyone have an inkling of what Steve Davis spins Snooker Loopy on...?

Could be another Swindon job...

cv4.png

John Watson F1 driver
Accuphase SME Nagra Peak Consult
Keke Rosberg ex world champion F1 driver Accuphase
Ross Brawn F1 team director
Krell &Wilson

John Watson F1 driver
Accuphase SME Nagra Peak Consult
Keke Rosberg ex world champion F1 driver Accuphase
Ross Brawn F1 team director
Krell &Wilson

Didn't Alonso have some PMC Active stand mounts years and years ago?

A google reveals nothing but I think I remember an article in one of the publications.

Back in the 70s, Acoustic Research advertised their speakers with pictures of the musicians who used their speakers.
If I remember correctly, Miles Davis used AR3s.

Yeah. I saw it recently in some old mag. He probably got payed to do it...

Here in Sweden, also in the 70s, ABBA appeared in ads for Blaupunkt car stereos. Kept me of that brand for ever.

advertisement

Back