advertisement

Bl**dy streaming !!!!!

madmike

I feel much better now, I really do...
I simply cannot get my streaming gear to work together as a whole....
I have a QNAP with loads of music on in mp3 and flac format.....check
I have a Talk Talk wi fi router, same room as QNAP....check
I have an amazon chromecast audio, same room as QNAP and Router
I have a sony android phone with Amazon music, Media House dlna player and Qmusic installed.
Can I get anything to work....NO!!!!

Rather than try to get it all working pick one thing/service and go from there.

For guys to really help you’ll need to detail out your network setup and hifi chain. Cabled/WiFi etc. Has anything ever worked? Does the QNAP work fine for file management from a PC or Mac? That kinda thing.

Oh...and using Qmusic I get a message "Only NAS firmware 4.0.0 and later are supported, WTF!, both Nas AND Qmusic are up to date....

I find it a problem that with streaming there' far more stages to the process and being digital are almost completely hidden from the user.
It took me weeks of investigation to try to find the reason that hi-res files from Qobuz had stopped working properly (dropouts).
I literally tried hundreds of combinations of connections, streamers, networks, software... no use
Then suddenly and for no specific reason I can find, everything started working again.

I simply cannot get my streaming gear to work together as a whole....
I have a QNAP with loads of music on in mp3 and flac format.....check
I have a Talk Talk wi fi router, same room as QNAP....check
I have an amazon chromecast audio, same room as QNAP and Router
I have a sony android phone with Amazon music, Media House dlna player and Qmusic installed.
Can I get anything to work....NO!!!!

That's why I don't use it , Good old records for me , and some CD's , also Cassette 8 track and R2R , I'm sorted

The most likely issue is with your talk talk router which may be set to not allow DLNA protocols. I do not know the talk talk routers at all but that is where I would start - I have had similar issues with routers in the past. It looks like you have everything else that you need....

blob

The most likely issue is with your talk talk router which may be set to not allow DLNA protocols. I do not know the talk talk routers at all but that is where I would start - I have had similar issues with routers in the past. It looks like you have everything else that you need....

Exactly this. It should be a first, easy sanity check. Somewhere in your router settings, you'll probably have a checkbox for enabling UPnP/DLNA. Double-check that that is enabled first.

How you get into your router settings varies by router. There's probably a label on it somewhere. Usually you browse to something like http://192.168.0.1 and enter a password (default password printed on the router unless you've changed it...)

Its a TS-212, firmware is 4.3.3.1624 and is alledgedly up to date
Yeah that’s the latest security update from April. Those old NAS boxes don’t get any enhancement updates just bugs. Normally recommend Plex but they dropped QTS 4.3 support, long time since I used Music Station to feed QMusic. Check Music Station is setup to serve the music files properly from the right folder.

I’d start by getting Chromecast working, it’s simpler than NAS Servers.

The biggest pain I find is when my preset Internet stations turn into garbled mush or just disappear altogether.
On the Streamagic it is a real pain trying to get them back again searching manually for an epic length code or whatever, if it's lost off the original database.
That's if I can find it again.

advertisement

Back