advertisement

Celebrity hifi systems

Frank's main system now uses Devialet, still with the horns. He's an occasional visitor to the Devialet Chat website, pretty sure he's a member here as well.
I think he still uses Goldmund speakers, at least he did last time we spoke.

Another couple of shots of Macca and his fab gear. I'm guessing the speakers are the orangey-brown jobs either side of the LPs.

PAUL-MCCARTNEY-TWITTER-@PAULMCCARTNEY-24-2020.jpg.jpg

paul-mccartney-lyrics.jpg

The record cleaner in the far back left corner looks like a Loricraft. That would make sense in that I read somewhere that Terry O'Sullivan of Loricraft had done some service work for Paul McCartney on his Garrards. It looks like a really nice room, I wonder if this is at his pad at St John's Wood?

Recon that Martin Freeman picture is staged. It's all retro stuff, it describes his clothes, and there are no cables coming out of the back of the Naim box.

Bit of a reverse picture - when I was a field service engineer for one of the London electronics retailers in early 90s I guess, I had to visit John Shearne or Tim de Pavarinci (to my shame I do not remember which it was! They lived in North London, just south of M25). Anyhow, he‘d bought a top of the line large screen trinitron TV and wasn’t happy with picture quality of it…unfortunately, he‘d seen the 2 tiny vertical wires behind the tube that held the invisible horizontal wires in place - once seen, never forgotten. I, as a gobby mid-20s guy, had to explain to this guy „they all do that sir“. He was ****ing furious, suggesting Sony didn’t know their arse from their elbow from an engineering perspective :)

all the while I‘m eyeing his Hi-Fi - wicked looking amplifier and speakers. I really wanted to ask him about them, and see if I could listen to it. He was too angry, I was to shy - he kicked my ass out of his house :D

You met EC and started talking about hifi?

Yes. Shoot me! I was young, star struck and at the time worked in one of the famous hi-end shops that bragged about how good their coffee was (it was shit), so I guess hifi was very much in my system (boom-boom!). I was also shitting myself when I met him (shoulda laid of the coffee); but to his credit, he was a very nice bloke.

advertisement

Back