advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
BJ will claim he was in hospital, being treated for Covid, even though the timelines are off. Just saying ......

If you have a read of the Daily Mail, currently, the comments sections are truly vile. Some time ago, I learnt of a think tank that had recommended to the current government that they push words like leftist, anarchist, Marxist, radical and woke to cement their supporters' position and heighten the wall that exists between right and left. The Mail, and others, have seized upon that and fanned the flames to the extent that the posts are so vitriolic that any questioning of the decisions of the right are immediately dismissed, using the words mentioned, and all debate stifled. By stealth, a dictatorship is being introduced, and the good people of Hartlepool are but pawns in the game, so blinded by immigrant rays that they vote for change by supporting a party that has been in power for a decade. An article on women's football, today, is filled with utter misogyny. Another article about education in a wealthy borough of North America is filled with racism under the guise of shutting down 'the wokes'. These are terribly dangerous times.

If you have a read of the Daily Mail, currently, the comments sections are truly vile. Some time ago, I learnt of a think tank that had recommended to the current government that they push words like leftist, anarchist, Marxist, radical and woke to cement their supporters' position and heighten the wall that exists between right and left. The Mail, and others, have seized upon that and fanned the flames to the extent that the posts are so vitriolic that any questioning of the decisions of the right are immediately dismissed, using the words mentioned, and all debate stifled. By stealth, a dictatorship is being introduced, and the good people of Hartlepool are but pawns in the game, so blinded by immigrant rays that they vote for change by supporting a party that has been in power for a decade. An article on women's football, today, is filled with utter misogyny. Another article about education in a wealthy borough of North America is filled with racism under the guise of shutting down 'the wokes'. These are terribly dangerous times.
Thanks for reading the DM for us, it's appreciated :)

51176199083_b6800e7034_m.jpg

As I am just about to settle down to listen to Bach's Cantatas for Ascension Day, it got me wondering. As "Boris" did so well with the Resurrection on Easter Sunday last year, whether he might do us all a favour and ascend this year. That would at least give us a bit more than a year of peace before his Ghost puts in an appearance for Whitsun next year. As he'll be talking in tongues anyway, we can all just go "la,la,la, not listening, not listening".

There are different categories of "bailiff" each with different authority. I assume those enforcing a CCJ would be County Court appointees? Stopped at the Gate or stopped at the door - equally newsworthy.

Suspect there'd be a news blackout if it got that far, and the authorising official sent to a gulag, or kneecapped by Darius Guppy.

Boris Johnson took ‘unnecessary’ helicopter trip to promote bike scheme

Exclusive: prime minister’s short flights cast doubt on the sincerity of his pledges to fight the climate crisis, say critics

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...scheme-cast-doubt-pledge-fight-climate-crisis

Helicopter courtesy of jcb owner bamford.

What depths they plunder.

Is there not a serious issue for a Prime minister to be using private donor's helicopter for any purpose? Particularly as part of his duties.
Maybe this goes on everywhere in governments and I am just naive.

Is there not a serious issue for a Prime minister to be using private donor's helicopter for any purpose? Particularly as part of his duties.
Maybe this goes on everywhere in governments and I am just naive.
I think it's when your sense of entitlement is cultivated from an early age, rather than the sense of right and wrong that most of us were taught.

It's also when you know your actions, however morally or ethically wrong, will not be criticised by 90% of the media.

And where a section of the media has been dropping quarter of a million into your pocket every year till you got the job.

Same in the US. The Republicans used focus groups a while back to work out a list of re-framing arguments/slogans that would trigger core voters. It was briefly touched on in Vice.

The whole issue reminds me of the Huxley quote:

“By means of ever more effective methods of mind-manipulation, the democracies will change their nature; the quaint old forms— elections, parliaments, Supreme Courts and all the rest—will remain. The underlying substance will be a new kind of totalitarianism. All the traditional names, all the hallowed slogans will remain exactly what they were in the good old days. Democracy and freedom will be the theme of every broadcast and editorial. Meanwhile, the ruling oligarchy and its highly trained elite of soldiers, policemen, thought-manufacturers and mind-manipulators will quietly run the show as they see fit.”

I think it's when your sense of entitlement is cultivated from an early age, rather than the sense of right and wrong that most of us were taught.

Yes I get that but one would have thought something so obvious as this would be just off the table because of the optics and opportunity for the opposition to join the dots. Silly of me obviously the voting population are just punch drunk on Wetherspoons best and Kentucky fried chicken afterward to even notice or care. I suppose they have their Brexit so utopia has been achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back