advertisement

Welcome to the fascist state

The Queens speech shows just how low this government will go with classic right wing junk taken from Trump,
1) Be "concerned" about non existent voter fraud to defranchise the poor and underprivileged who own no photo id.
Pre the Queens speech we had the other disgusting American game of Pork Barrel politics bunging deprived town funding at not really deprived Tory Boroughs. For eample Chief Crook Jenrick and his constituency of Newark, hardly deprived.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more comment about the new voting laws - photo IDs, reduced postal voting, more flexibility in general election timing (Dissolution and Calling of Parliament Bill ).

It wouldn't be out of place in the politics of the southern US - and yet there seems to be barely any opposition.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more comment about the new voting laws - photo IDs, reduced postal voting, more flexibility in general election timing (Dissolution and Calling of Parliament Bill ).

It wouldn't be out of place in the politics of the southern US - and yet there seems to be barely any opposition.
Just because it looks like what some US states are doing to make it harder for people of colour to vote does this translate to the same issue here? I’m not convinced the same issues exist here...we have some types of fraud reported though I’ve no idea how prevalent they are in reality.

Just because it looks like what some US states are doing to make it harder for people of colour to vote does this translate to the same issue here? I’m not convinced the same issues exist here...we have some types of fraud reported though I’ve no idea how prevalent they are in reality.

AFAIK voter fraud in the UK, such as it is, relates mainly to postal voting, so I'm not sure how photo ID would help.

Grand total of six cases last general election: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/matt-hancock-voter-fraud-photo-id-b1845363.html

Hard to see how this can actually be about voter fraud.

It isn’t about voter fraud. It’s being introduced because the government think it will make it easier for them to win elections.

The public are being sold a lie. They will buy it. The government will get away with it completely.

Sometimes I find it helpful to state the obvious as clearly as possible!

I thought at first this was a Cold War Steve tableau vivant but it’s real. You would have thought this tone deaf, arrogant minister would have remembered the ignominy her own parents faced when they suffered expulsion at the hands of Idi Amin but apparently not. Here she is turning up to individual arrests of alleged people smugglers.

XplaVlH.jpg

Boris has a black waterproof with Prime Minister on his, Patel has Home Secretary- does Gove have his ministerial title on his in roundhand?

i4IOR3i.jpg

All furnished by VIP Lane sweatshops at 30x the going rate.

I thought at first this was a Cold War Steve tableau vivant but it’s real. You would have thought this tone deaf, arrogant minister would have remembered the ignominy her own parents faced when they suffered expulsion at the hands of Idi Amin but apparently not. Here she is turning up to individual arrests of alleged people smugglers.

XplaVlH.jpg
Seems this isn't as presented on Twitter
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indy100.com/politics/priti-patel-home-secretary-raids-b1850740?amp
People traffickers are scum, however there is no excuse for PP using this as a photo op.

It seems politicians can’t please you lot:

Stay at home Starmer is not proactive or visible enough

Have a go Pritti is too in your face

Go figure

advertisement

Back