advertisement

No claims bonus and 1 Car for a couple

slavedata

pfm Member
During the lockdown my car was used very little and was getting old so I got rid of it. My wife and I are now sharing one car a Volvo V60 that we are very happy with. It's currently insured by my wife with me as a named driver. We both have full No Claims and I would want to keep this in case we ever get 2 cars again.
How can we both keep a no claims record? I wondered about Insuring the car in my name next year, my wife's the year after and so on.
Can anyone advise please?

Call your old insurer and ask them what their advice would be. They’ll want your business, so they’ll come up with something to allow you to maintain your ncd.

I'm in the same situation with Mrs CHE having had the insurance in her name on the car we retained; my old one was sold. However, when I did the renewal this year I found that it was cheaper (by about £40) if I was the main driver and my wife the named driver, compared to visa-versa. So I swapped, kept my NCD and got the confirmation that my wife's NCD was valid for 2 years.

I couldn't find a way around it and had problems confirming my NCD - my insurer wanted a statement of NCD, not a renewal quote, or similar, and so it took me a few attempts to give them what they wanted.

If you do find another way - other than insuring another vehicle of some sort - then please let me know.

CHE

During the lockdown my car was used very little and was getting old so I got rid of it. My wife and I are now sharing one car a Volvo V60 that we are very happy with. It's currently insured by my wife with me as a named driver. We both have full No Claims and I would want to keep this in case we ever get 2 cars again.
How can we both keep a no claims record? I wondered about Insuring the car in my name next year, my wife's the year after and so on.
Can anyone advise please?
We do this.
We are with the co-op.
We insure the car in one of our names, changing every two years to keep our full NC.
Insurance companies should provide proof of NC on request if you decide to move company.

advertisement

Back